Home

New F1 2015 Patch Available For PC, Coming Soon For Xbox One & PS4 - Details Included

This is a discussion on New F1 2015 Patch Available For PC, Coming Soon For Xbox One & PS4 - Details Included within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2015, 09:47 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
New F1 2015 Patch Available For PC, Coming Soon For Xbox One & PS4 - Details Included

A new F1 2015 patch has just arrived for PC users, check out the details below. For those of you on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, a patch is coming soon.

Game
  • Added a session list screen which is available via the Multiplayer menu. This screen will allow players to search for all public sessions and join the one they want to. Custom and Hopper sessions will be visible on this list.
  • Multiplayer fixes and improvements:
    • Added additional information to lobbies so players can see how much progress has been made in the current session.
    • Parc ferme rules are no longer incorrectly applied so players will not get their fuel locked to 100kg in qualifying or not be able to change their tyres at the start of a race if they qualified outside the top ten.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause a players car to always be ghosted during timed qualifying sessions.
    • Fixed framerate and lag spikes causing incorrect collisions.
    • Fixed a bug that meant connections with limited upload bandwidth would appear laggy while on track and eventually disconnect.
    • Disallowing Brake Assist will no longer also block ABS.
    • Cars will no longer ghost when driving too slowly on track.
    • Fixed a bug which made the screen pulse black when spectating specific cars in specific circumstances.
    • Minor hopper improvements and changes
    • Removed the AI from all hoppers.
    • Removed the assist restrictions from the Hardcore hopper.
    • Made the countdown timer longer and prevented it from starting for a short time if there are not many players in the session to try to allow more people to join.
    • Changed the grid order to random from realistic. So now the players Mercedes cars will not always start on the front row.
    • Updated the Feature Race to Brazil.
  • Removed the incorrect second DRS detection zone from the Mexico mini map. This was not present in the actual track data.
  • Corrected the number of laps for the Mexican Grand Prix.
  • The player is now correctly disqualified for not using both compounds in a dry weather race.
  • Improvements to AI behaviour in Qualifying:
    • AI will no longer all leave the garage at the same time.
    • AI will no longer use Prime tyres in Q2.
    • AI will always do two runs in Short Qualifying and Q3.
  • Fixed the flashing rear tyre issue present on some PC setups.
  • Made the D-Pad menu more responsive to use.
  • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause OSD messages to remain on screen or to never display. This was mostly reported online but can be seen offline too.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause new tyres to be too cold when they’re put on at a pit stop.
  • Fixed a problem that could cause unrealistic lap times in practice and qualifying.
Sports Updates – Part 1
  • Adjusted the relative performance of the teams and drivers based on the season’s results so far.
  • Updated the tyres for Russia to Super Soft and Soft.
High End PC Enhancements
  • New CPU-driven particle effects to improve visual quality on systems with high-end CPUs. Select “high” or “ultra” particle effects from the options menu.
  • Increased audio voice counts for systems with high-end CPUs. Select the “high” audio quality setting from the option menu.
  • Improved CPU performance for users with 6 and 8+ cores.
  • Improved CPU performance for Intel CPUs with Hyper-Threading Technology.
  • Optimised performance for Intel integrated graphics chips.
Platform: PC
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2015, 10:06 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: New F1 2015 Patch Available For PC, Coming Soon For Xbox One & PS4 - Details Incl

I have to admit that I am a noob when it comes to F1 racing, but has their ever been a career mode in the game? What about a crate a drive/team? These might be in the game but it seems to be a single season mode? I want to pick this up but it looks like a $19.99 game. Anyone have any thoughts?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2015, 06:03 PM   #3
Rookie

Slider79's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New F1 2015 Patch Available For PC, Coming Soon For Xbox One & PS4 - Details Incl

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
I have to admit that I am a noob when it comes to F1 racing, but has their ever been a career mode in the game? What about a crate a drive/team? These might be in the game but it seems to be a single season mode? I want to pick this up but it looks like a $19.99 game. Anyone have any thoughts?

In 2014 you can mada a Career with your one Driver. In 2015 you can only Play a Season with a real existing Driver. First i was afraid about that, but the game and the Seasonmode is great.

I Play the game 2-3 times every week since July more than FIFA,PES,NBA or Madden...I like it more than Forza or Project Cars. But thats my opinion.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:11 PM   #4
MVP

Thanks for the input. I think I might look it up and see if I can get a deal.

Old 11-14-2015, 03:32 PM   #5
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

I saw it somewhere for 39.99, and I may end up picking it up for that price. I'll wait until Black Friday though just to make sure there aren't any better deals. I originally wanted to wait for F1 2016 since the Haas F1 team will be debuting next season, but I've heard the gameplay in this one is really strong. So I may end up biting on this one and preparing myself for next year's in the process.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2015, 02:35 PM   #6
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03

Yeah, as mentioned above, there is no career mode in the games first appearance on next gen. Just season mode only.

As for the game itself, it looks amazing, sounds amazing, drives pretty damn awesome. If you enjoy fast race cars, on twisty tracks, you'll have lots of fun racing the game. Like any other racing game, you've got to really learn to feather your triggers for braking and accelerating if you're going to drive with assists off.

Personally, I enjoy playing this, over playing F6 and using the Formula 1 cars.

The cars, the tracks, everything about the game is very detailed, and impressive to play. It does lack game modes though, that's it's biggest downfall IMO. Driving is impressive, as your tires loose grip, you'll feel the car getting tougher to handle. Get out of the racing line into the dirt/rubber, you'll feel the car loose grip. The game is always making you adapt. Racing in the rain is a challenge both because of lack of grip, and because the visuals are really well done. Codemasters nails the racing part really well IMO.

FWIW, I'm not a huge F1 fan either, but I love this game.

Last edited by brandon27; 11-20-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:07 PM   #7
MVP

Great feedback. Think I am going to grab this next week.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:22 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I will add that they are supposedly trying to get another PS4 patch released by the end of next week which is going to tweak driver performance among other things. There is a list over on the CM forums. I will also add, the Xbox1 users really have gotten screwed on the patches for whatever reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »