Home

NBA 2K16 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (11-26-15)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (11-26-15) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2015, 08:13 PM   #9
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (11-26-15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdipper88
Just because Monta gets steals doesn't mean he's a good defender. He's actually been below league avg. in defense year in and year out. My point was, Monta is purely just a chucker/scorer
I'm sorry. Is this Living Rosters based on current season production, or rosters based reputation? As a couple of nights ago, Indiana had the TOP defensive rating in the league, but they're currently ranked 16th in the game. According to Beds, they're not even a top 10 defensive team.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:17 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdipper88
Just because Monta gets steals doesn't mean he's a good defender. He's actually been below league avg. in defense year in and year out. My point was, Monta is purely just a chucker/scorer
I never said he was a good defender. He does however play the passing lanes pretty well. Please don't take my words out of context to try to prove your point, especially when your point is wrong. Monta being a scorer first doesn't take away from the fact that he creates shots for his teammates at a pretty decent rate. That should be reflected in his ratings even though he's struggling with his shot so far. By the way his "chucking" is the lowest it's been since his rookie season. Only taking 12.4 shots a game this year. Down from 16.9 last year. What a chucker.

Last edited by K_Dub; 11-26-2015 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 11-26-2015, 08:22 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 1

Kobe finally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2015, 08:30 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Dub
I never said he was a good defender. He does however play the passing lanes pretty well. Please don't take my words out of context to try to prove your point, especially when your point is wrong. Monta being a scorer first doesn't take away from the fact that he creates shots for his teammates at a pretty decent rate. That should be reflected in his ratings even though he's struggling with his shot so far. By the way his "chucking" is the lowest it's been since his rookie season. Only taking 12.4 shots a game this year. Down from 16.9 last year. What a chucker.
He's averaging 5 assists and 3 turnovers a game - nothing to get excited about. trust me, i'm fully aware of Monta this year as I have him in my fantasy league. He's been quite the disappointment.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:45 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamAgain
He's averaging 5 assists and 3 turnovers a game - nothing to get excited about. trust me, i'm fully aware of Monta this year as I have him in my fantasy league. He's been quite the disappointment.
He's never taken care of the ball well and that probably will never change. He's been in the 2.5-3 TPG range pretty much his entire career. He drives into the paint and gets stuck a little too often for my liking. Doesn't change anything I said. He has his flaws, but creating shots for his teammates is actually one of his strengths.

Onto non-Monta ratings:

Jimmy Butler averages 2.1 steals a game. STL rating of 71. Pass Perception 88.
James Harden. 2.1 SPG. STL 77. PP 78.
Paul Millsap. 2.1 SPG. STL 81. PP 95.
John Wall. 2.2 SPG. STL 75. PP 84.

Westbrook. 2.6 SPG. 80 STL. 85 PP.
Curry. 2.6 SPG. 90 STL. 95 PP.

These ratings are literally all over the place.

On another note, Pau Gasol has not played a lick of PF since he's gotten to Chicago. Kirk Hinrich is a SG? Since when? He's been the backup PG everywhere he's been since Derrick took his starting spot some years ago.

Last edited by K_Dub; 11-26-2015 at 08:51 PM.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:56 PM   #14
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Dub
He's never taken care of the ball well and that probably will never change. He's been in the 2.5-3 TPG range pretty much his entire career. He drives into the paint and gets stuck a little too often for my liking. Doesn't change anything I said. He has his flaws, but creating shots for his teammates is actually one of his strengths.

Onto non-Monta ratings:

Jimmy Butler averages 2.1 steals a game. STL rating of 71. Pass Perception 88.
James Harden. 2.1 SPG. STL 77. PP 78.
Paul Millsap. 2.1 SPG. STL 81. PP 95.
John Wall. 2.2 SPG. STL 75. PP 84.

Westbrook. 2.6 SPG. 80 STL. 85 PP.
Curry. 2.6 SPG. 90 STL. 95 PP.

These ratings are literally all over the place.

On another note, Pau Gasol has not played a lick of PF since he's gotten to Chicago. Kirk Hinrich is a SG? Since when? He's been the backup PG everywhere he's been since Derrick took his starting spot some years ago.
I'm still going to say that trying to control the Overall rating is a major reason for the ratings inconsistencies, as well as not having enough people on the job to really watch all the games and comb through the stats.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:17 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0
Finally Avery Bradley Got some love !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2015, 09:32 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I'm still going to say that trying to control the Overall rating is a major reason for the ratings inconsistencies, as well as not having enough people on the job to really watch all the games and comb through the stats.
You nailed it. Trying to worry about overall (since rotations, FA signings, contracts, and trades are all based on overall) has a negative impact on ratings. There are countless examples of guys with ratings out of whack for their performance in a particular area. I'm honestly not a fan of living rosters. I think 20 games is too small a sample to suddenly decide someone should drop in shooting (such as Klay). I make an exception on Kobe since his drop is extremely drastic and you can literally see the lack of athleticism and lift in his legs each and every time he's on the court. His rating was out of whack (and respect maybe?) at the start. But for almost everyone else, I hate seeing drastic overreactions to normal fluctuations during a season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »