Home

I Never Want to Quit You FIFA 16

This is a discussion on I Never Want to Quit You FIFA 16 within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2015, 12:29 PM   #9
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: I Never Want to Quit You FIFA 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCloser
As far as opinions go, this article has got to be one of the worst opinions I've ever read. I'll ignore the fact that it reads like a paid advertisement but I'm really concerned about how someone can truly believe this. I guess the thing that really bothers me about this article is the title. I understand the nostalgia but this iteration is exactly what got me to quit fifa. Fifa 16 has the worst fifa gameplay in recent memory. The chase of perfect simulation has led to the most boring fifa game in history. It is consistently boring and fails to emulate the key aspects of soccer correctly. It is a chore to play and it's a stagnant franchise in desperate need of innovation.
No, this might be the worst opinion.
Old 11-28-2015, 02:55 PM   #10
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdipper88
PES is actually a better game than FIFA, though alot may not want to admit it.
Pretty much my sentiment as well. I always felt PES was actually for purists since there aren't even sliders so the gameplay HAS to be priority. With FIFA, it just seems EA markets simulation but of course each year people have to rectify the arcadiness with sliders and EA must know this which is why the game has hardly changed gameplay wise. Then again, I don't feel Konami does enough to push PES in terms of a full package. They consistently ignore presentation elements when they're already down on licenses. You'd think they would do as much as possible in that area without violating licensing. But yeah, PES definitely has the better gameplay.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:04 PM   #11
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

You forgot huge holes in its defensive game.

Look both games have their flaws we know this but both are close to the best they have ever been.

This year Fifa has got me over pes i havnt said that since Fifa 11 i think when i could do the live seasons mode . best mode EVA!! paid for the download even it was that good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2015, 03:30 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
Pretty much my sentiment as well. I always felt PES was actually for purists since there aren't even sliders so the gameplay HAS to be priority. With FIFA, it just seems EA markets simulation but of course each year people have to rectify the arcadiness with sliders and EA must know this which is why the game has hardly changed gameplay wise. Then again, I don't feel Konami does enough to push PES in terms of a full package. They consistently ignore presentation elements when they're already down on licenses. You'd think they would do as much as possible in that area without violating licensing. But yeah, PES definitely has the better gameplay.
I think those that still have their PES nostalgia goggles on would agree that PES gameplay is superior to FIFA. As someone who has been a die hard PES fan for years - it slowly faded away in PES 2014 with the emergence of the Fox engine.

I would say the majority are in the same agreement, and it is well documented on the likes of Evo-Web and Soccergaming just how far the PES 'purist' feel the last three iterations of "our game" has nose-dived into absolute failure. All we're left with now is FIFA, and it's not a bad second choice all things considered.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:44 AM   #13
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

OVR: 0

I've owned FIFA for the last 4 years, PES last 2 years.

FIFA's legacy issues I pointed out in another thread are ongoing for years. This is inexcusable for a game with so much profit. Career mode is basically a joke at this point, with terrible CPU ai roster management. Barely any roster turn over. Teams all play the exact same way. Someone created a thread about which player they fear most in CM.. as if it matters. AI Players don't do skill moves and hulking players like Zlatan don't use their size. At all.

As far as in game stuff, the same old same old exists. The game has certain places you score. It doesn't feel chaotic and fluid like PES at all (in a good way). If you want to score you basically go thru the same routine and same areas, and it plays out very much the same as previous games. Silly things like the AI crossing being terrible exist to this day. Knock on runs for the cpu ai are unstoppable, but if you have a speedy player knocking the ball and sprinting you'll get caught almost every time.

Is FIFA good soccer game. YES. Does it have unforgivable sloppy problems that have existed for 5 years + now? YEP. Considering how much money people dump into this game every year it's beyond unforgivable. I consider it greed. Next year I'm likely buying PES on pc only ... people make amazing mods to put all the major leagues in the game. Hell, you can even get a program to force roster changes yourself to make it interesting.

I don't think I can hack FIFA 17 and being in year 5 of my career mode and the teams are all basically identical to year 1 except for some few and far in between transfers. Of which I bet 80% make no sense.

So ya, this article reads rather shallow and schlocky considering the warts on this game that are gathering dust.

edit: and dont take my word for it. Look at metacritic and user scores for fifa over the years. there's a reason critics give it a great rating and year in and year out the user rating is a pitiful one. Critics play it for a few weeks and real players who have to deal with it for months see the games incredible short comings and lazy shortcuts.

edit: Just for fun, this is the user score for FIFA from 11 onwards
FIFA 11: 8.0
FIFA 12: 7.1
FIFA 13: 6.5
FIFA 14: 6.3
FIFA 15: 5.6
FIFA 16: 4.2

This isn't a coincidence. It's people getting fed up with legacy issues that EA refuses to address. PES on the other hand, in case you think people are just rating lower because they're getting pickier, PES has gone up in score from year to year now for a couple years.

Last edited by Resurrection403; 11-29-2015 at 12:13 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:42 PM   #14

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I think those that still have their PES nostalgia goggles on would agree that PES gameplay is superior to FIFA. As someone who has been a die hard PES fan for years - it slowly faded away in PES 2014 with the emergence of the Fox engine.

I would say the majority are in the same agreement, and it is well documented on the likes of Evo-Web and Soccergaming just how far the PES 'purist' feel the last three iterations of "our game" has nose-dived into absolute failure. All we're left with now is FIFA, and it's not a bad second choice all things considered.

I'll agree that PES 2014 was horrible and probably shouldn't have been released, but the graphics overhaul was absolutely necessary when you consider what the game looks like now. Things had to change.

And lets not pretend that PES 2013 wasn't derided (rightly) and mocked for being visually outdated and an overall frustrating mess. I would argue that the retrospective acclaim that that game has received is a far crazier example of nostalgia running amok.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:07 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I'll agree that PES 2014 was horrible and probably shouldn't have been released, but the graphics overhaul was absolutely necessary when you consider what the game looks like now. Things had to change.

And lets not pretend that PES 2013 wasn't derided (rightly) and mocked for being visually outdated and an overall frustrating mess. I would argue that the retrospective acclaim that that game has received is a far crazier example of nostalgia running amok.
Oh, I agree, I personally do not find PES 2013 enjoyable anymore. It's more of an aesthetics issue than anything. However, I do not feel a new engine was necessary to fix the issues. PES 2011 had it right on, then 2012 then 2013 took a different turn and the ugly head of PES 2008-2010 stretched out in between the cracks.

I think the love of PES comes from an unconditional love. Right now, PES and I are broken up - but to say I'm not thinking of PES while I'm with FIFA would be a lie because I still have nostalgia of my first days with PES 4 on the PC, modifying option files and reducing the calves size of individual players to make it look more realistic.

I swear I'm over her...I mean PES
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2015, 07:29 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2
...been playing fifa since 13....

this year i REALLY didn't like the impossibility of winning on world class (super frustrated)...

so i downloaded PES 16 ON PC

WOW! PES 16 is just a better game.... i'm actually shocked...

unfortunately, they have ZERO exclusive rights; so i'm sitting here downloading KIT packs, etc etc.

if PES had the same exclusive rights as fifa, PES would destroy fifa. it's seriously that simple.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »