Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Video: Knockout Physics System, Submissions, Dynamic Grappling

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Video: Knockout Physics System, Submissions, Dynamic Grappling within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2015, 04:40 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports UFC 2 Video: Knockout Physics System, Submissions, Dynamic Grappling

EA has just posted a new EA Sports UFC 2 blog, featuring in-game footage of the all-new knockout physics system, next-level submissions and dynamic grappling. Check out the video and post your thoughts!

Knockout Physics System

Take a look at how Conor’s spinning heel kick connects and causes Jose to stumble backwards. With our new physics-driven hit reaction and knockout system, you get more authentic and unique KOs.

Next-Level Submissions

Pay close attention to how Aldo transitions from a rear naked choke into an armbar to finish the fight. In EA SPORTS UFC 2, you will be able to surprise opponents with a variety of quick transitions to put them into a submission. Additionally, the ability to do standing submissions opens the door to even more ways to finish a fight.

Dynamic Grappling

Watch as McGregor tries to land a strike but Aldo’s quick movement allows him to avoid contact and instead, is able to perform a takedown. For the first time in an MMA game, greater independent fighter control allows for more freedom in grappling situations. These interactions result in greater response and variety in the ground game.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2015, 10:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Video: Knockout Physics System, Submissions, Dynamic Grappling

So far so good. I'm on the hype machine.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:24 AM   #3
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2
Looks the same to me.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:46 AM   #4
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Video: Knockout Physics System, Submissions, Dynamic Grappling

The video looks good, but it's also a promo video designed to look good. If it looks and plays like this in real life it could be excellent. Just hope they find a way to slim down the controls a bit.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:02 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Count me as someone who's getting excited for this title. And I'm not even a big MMA fan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2015, 01:46 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

MMA is the perfect sport for gaming. You can't play a football, basketball or baseball game in 10-15 minutes and have an authentic experience. You can in MMA, and being able to just fire it up and have a couple fights before bed/work/etc is great.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:12 AM   #7
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
MMA is the perfect sport for gaming. You can't play a football, basketball or baseball game in 10-15 minutes and have an authentic experience. You can in MMA, and being able to just fire it up and have a couple fights before bed/work/etc is great.
Yup. It's a great game to play a couple of fights and then move on to something else. It's probably why I run it as much as I do. I also especially love the mental aspect of battling someone in this too. 1 vs. 1, no one to really blame but yourself in there. The whole game of trying to outthink your opponent is so much fun to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »