Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Features 2 Playable Versions of Mike Tyson

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Features 2 Playable Versions of Mike Tyson within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2016, 01:39 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Wow after reading some comments, I think there's a verse in the bible about those who have never sinned. Ok moving forward, I am not a fan of this on the basis that he's not a mma fighter and I don't quite see the appeal to put him in the game, makes me think next they'll put Floyd Mayweather Jr in next so he fight Ronda Rousey lol because that's the only way you'd ever see that fight.
Old 01-20-2016, 01:48 PM   #18
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Mike Tyson is EA UFC 2's Mystery Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSource
The guy has had more chances than about anyone in the world based on his popularity. He hasn't changed a bit, go look up the interview with the Canadian TV show about a year plus ago where he started dropping F bombs when the interviewing brings up his past. He's like a pit bull, he could snap at any moment. If people pat him on the head and give him front row tickets, he's fine, but he's still got some serious mental issues.

And it's sad some people have to throw in 'many think he's innocent' about a rape he was clearly convicted of, with physical evidence and a witness corroborating the way the victim was after the incident? There's a reason he was convicted, it would be more shocking to me if he hasn't done it more than once with his history, not that he DIDN'T do it. It's sad there has to be victim blaming and excuse making over a videogame.
Who is victim blaming? I'm just stating facts. Many people think he was wrongly convicted. That doesnt mean I think he was wrongly convicted.

Also who's making an excuse? I honestly dont give a **** about whether Tyson is in the game or not. I dont ever plan to use him just like I never used Bruce Lee.

You seem awfully emotional about this. Its a video game by a company that had no problem putting him on the cover of two boxing games. I didnt care about him being on the cover of Fight Night. Why am I going to be up in arms about him being in the game now?
Old 01-20-2016, 01:54 PM   #19
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Ignore Open Source. I'm very pleased to see Tyson in the game. The trailer was very dope.
Old 01-20-2016, 01:59 PM   #20
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

How we go from Tyson to Mike Vick dog fighting to Tyson rape case that happened 25 years ago. That case happened before most of you OSers were even born or you were just born. Either way both guys served their time, just like Bas Rutten served his jail time. People make mistakes.
Old 01-20-2016, 02:00 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSource
The guy has had more chances than about anyone in the world based on his popularity. He hasn't changed a bit, go look up the interview with the Canadian TV show about a year plus ago where he started dropping F bombs when the interviewing brings up his past. He's like a pit bull, he could snap at any moment. If people pat him on the head and give him front row tickets, he's fine, but he's still got some serious mental issues.

And it's sad some people have to throw in 'many think he's innocent' about a rape he was clearly convicted of, with physical evidence and a witness corroborating the way the victim was after the incident? There's a reason he was convicted, it would be more shocking to me if he hasn't done it more than once with his history, not that he DIDN'T do it. It's sad there has to be victim blaming and excuse making over a videogame.
You're the one that made this information come up though...This probably wouldn't have even been brought up if you didn't do it. It would have been more why did they pay to have a boxer in an MMA game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2016, 02:13 PM   #22
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

I guess this explains "The Enforcer" in WWE 2K16 -- he was already licensed to EA for UFC 2.
Old 01-20-2016, 02:14 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Who is victim blaming? I'm just stating facts. Many people think he was wrongly convicted. That doesnt mean I think he was wrongly convicted.

Also who's making an excuse? I honestly dont give a **** about whether Tyson is in the game or not. I dont ever plan to use him just like I never used Bruce Lee.

You seem awfully emotional about this. Its a video game by a company that had no problem putting him on the cover of two boxing games. I didnt care about him being on the cover of Fight Night. Why am I going to be up in arms about him being in the game now?
What your seeing who is this person really is, a spade is a spade it just is what it is.
Old 01-20-2016, 02:43 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 33
Mike Tyson was one on the most entertaining Heavyweights in history so whatever his checkered past may be he deserves to be in any Boxing game. But this is UFC, so, hmm, it's all a bit naff having him in really.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »