Home

NBA 2K16: The Contested Shot Conundrum (Part 1)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: The Contested Shot Conundrum (Part 1) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2016, 02:34 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 17
I think if anything the court just needs to feel a little big bigger, i think the player models are too big for the current size resulting in serious crowding issues. It also could just be the view I play on (broadcast) as I've recently noticed the 2k camera really shows better spacing (i'm not ready to convert just yet though).
Old 01-21-2016, 02:47 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
AWESOME WRITE UP!!!!!

But the 2k view is so much better for someone with a deep knowledge of basketball. You can really see plays develope.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:57 PM   #11
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by teebee
I think if anything the court just needs to feel a little big bigger, i think the player models are too big for the current size resulting in serious crowding issues. It also could just be the view I play on (broadcast) as I've recently noticed the 2k camera really shows better spacing (i'm not ready to convert just yet though).
I've tried and tried to get better with the broadcast camera, but it's just so much easier to play from the 2k cam in my opinion. I can see the passing lanes better, I can see guys leaking out in transition, my dribbling is much easier, and I find the pick and roll to be much easier as well. Defending off the ball is also a far more reasonable task when you can see the floor better.

But damn that broadcast camera looks dope!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2016, 03:28 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16: The Contested Shot Conundrum (Part 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
My biggest gripe is that it seems the CPU makes far more contested shots than I do. Maybe that's just sour grapes on my end, but it seems like there are 2 or 3 times EVERY game where the shot clock is low, I close out on my man and put my hands up, and he drains it in my face, or even worse it rattles around a few seconds before dropping. I literally never get those kinds of shots to go down, and I feel like any time I'm so much as bumped on a layup, it rims out.

I've always assumed that the CPU gets pretty close to a perfect release every time, while obviously some of my shots are early or late releases, so maybe that explains it. I just can't do the "real shot %s" option because I find timing the releases to be really fun and engaging. Que sera, sera.

The CPU on average makes about 5-6 contested jump shots on me in All-Star, but like I've mentioned before, when I look up the game stats they end up shooting 39-40% and I blow them out by around 20. If they didn't make that nonsense it wouldn't even be fun at that point.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:59 PM   #13
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Great article !

what mode in 2k are you basing your findings off of ? Threes seem to go in at a higher number than you presented other than the 0-2 feet. The tight contest I know for sure might as well be an open shot. Also are you going to include contested midrange , contested layups , contested dunks going further ?
What mode are you basing your findings off of in terms of feeling the shots go in more often than I'm saying by the way? I've hard in myPark/Pro-Am the contested shots seem to go in more often, but it's not a mode(s) I dabble in very often.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:51 PM   #14
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
What mode are you basing your findings off of in terms of feeling the shots go in more often than I'm saying by the way? I've hard in myPark/Pro-Am the contested shots seem to go in more often, but it's not a mode(s) I dabble in very often.
Understood . I do play more pro am , myteam , mypark and mycareer . Haven't played much play now online or myleague .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 01-21-2016, 09:04 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Those are all modes where most people are using players with gold deadeye/shot creator/fade ace badges, so that probably contributes to more contested shots going in.

Not many of the NBA roster players in Play Now Online have those badges at a gold level that can really help contested shots go in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2016, 09:28 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Those are all modes where most people are using players with gold deadeye/shot creator/fade ace badges, so that probably contributes to more contested shots going in.

Not many of the NBA roster players in Play Now Online have those badges at a gold level that can really help contested shots go in.
Trust me I've seen it though. Played an online quick match earlier and 2k let the dude I was playing throw up and make a contested fadeaway with Steve Blake and some other dude on the Pistons. I blew him out 78-56 with the Kings but its like "cmon 2K, why do yall still allow to score with this dumb s***?".

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »