Home

Dangerous Golf Arrives in May, From the Creators of Burnout with a Nod to NBA Jam

This is a discussion on Dangerous Golf Arrives in May, From the Creators of Burnout with a Nod to NBA Jam within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 01-26-2016, 11:51 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Dangerous Golf Arrives in May, From the Creators of Burnout with a Nod to NBA Jam

Three Fields Entertainment has scheduled Dangerous Golf to be released in May, downloadable from the Xbox Store, PlayStation Store and Steam. As the title of the game indicates, this isn't your average golf game. In fact, the creators of Burnout and Black are behind it.

We haven't found any hands-on impressions or any gameplay videos yet, but read the full press release below and let us know what you think.

Quote:
Smash a priceless chandelier, set fire to a gas station and destroy a kitchen full of china — this isn’t your average golf game.

Available for download at the Xbox Store, PlayStation Store and Steam in May 2016, Dangerous Golf is an irreverent, silly, fun approach to golf games that challenges players to break the rules and wreak havoc on more than 100 holes in four unexpected locations.

It’s as serious a golf game as Burnout was a serious simulation to driving games. We wanted to mix the attitude of Burnout with the destruction of Black whilst setting the golf ball on fire — a nod to NBA Jam. This type of gameplay is part of our DNA, and something we think our fans will truly enjoy.

In Dangerous Golf, players aren’t striving for Par or aiming for Birdie — they’re playing for dollar damage as their high score. As they progress throughout the game, players will not only be awarded points for trick shots and ricochet techniques, but they’ll also get rewarded for destroying stuff by turning their golf ball into a bomb and setting off their SmashBreaker. Destructive powers increase as the ball heats up, ensuring that the most elaborate shots are not only the most rewarded, but the most impressive to watch.

The action takes place in a series of elaborate indoor and outdoor locations including a hotel kitchen, a glittering palace ballroom, a rural gas station and a stately medieval castle. Featuring turn-based play in both on and offline multiplayer, Dangerous Golf awards points based on destruction, encouraging players to get creative as they wreak havoc in an effort to increase their score.

Dangerous Golf may be a fun, silly golf game, but it’s one that was created with a serious technical edge. Our team worked closely with both Epic’s Unreal Engine 4 team and Nvidia to not only push the boundaries of their PhysX, Apex Destruction and Flex technologies, but also to deliver a truly physics based game experience.

As such, players will enjoy causing amazing destruction by smashing thousands of physically simulated rigid body valuables, shatter priceless heirlooms into small pieces and paint the environments with physically simulated liquids.

By harnessing the power of world class technology provided by Epic and nVidia, we are pushing the boundaries of fast action, amazing destruction and multiplayer gaming. Dangerous Golf is just the beginning of a series of games that will focus on speed, danger, excitement and destruction.

Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 01-26-2016 at 12:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2016, 01:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Fun idea...but unless it lands on PS+ as a free game of the month I don't think it will be 'purchaseable.' It sounds like a fun enough novelty for a few minutes but doesn't seem like something with longevity potential.

But fun concept, I'll give it that.
Old 01-26-2016, 01:46 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 13
Re: Dangerous Golf Arrives in May, From the Creators of Burnout with a Nod to NBA Jam

Yeah, hard to know what to make of this. I think the intersection on the Venn diagram of "Golf Fans" and "Mindless Destruction Arcade Game Fans" is relatively small...
Old 01-26-2016, 01:48 PM   #4
Pro

pokerlife's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Dangerous Golf Arrives in May, From the Creators of Burnout with a Nod to NBA Jam

http://www.polygon.com/2016/1/26/108...elds-interview

NICE INTERVIEW WITH CREATORS
Old 01-26-2016, 03:11 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13
If it was for IOS or Vita, I'd be really interested, but this isn't something I would play on my PC or PS4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2016, 06:44 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

PASS...on any platform.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 01-29-2016, 07:28 PM   #7
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

You would think the novelty for something like this would wear off quick but I loved it when they had this type of thing for The Bigs. There is something just very satisfying about breaking the **** out of things with projectiles.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:58 PM   #8
Rookie

Golfsprince's Arena

OVR: 0

Graphics look terrific. But I already talked to them and asked about the Vita and said that the engine they are using is too powerful for the Vita.

Could've been a terrific Vita game.

I might still check it out. I'm sure it'll be cheap.

Favorite Teams

Golf - USA Ryder Cup Squad

NFL - Bears, Falcons

NBA - Bulls

MLB - White Sox

College - Northwestern Wildcats, DePaul Blue Demons, UIC Flames, DuPage Chaparrals

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »