Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Beta Live Stream on Twitch, Archive Available Now

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Beta Live Stream on Twitch, Archive Available Now within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2016, 04:32 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports UFC 2 Beta Live Stream on Twitch, Archive Available Now

EA is live streaming the EA Sports UFC 2 beta on Twitch right now, with Creative Director, Brian Hayes and UFC Flyweight Champion, Demetrious Johnson.

We will update this post with the archive when it's available for those that miss it.

UPDATE: The stream is over, here is the archive.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2016, 07:02 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Striking still seems a little sluggish. Punches don't seem to have that pop or snap to them. This is a problem I've noticed in all EA Sports fighting games going back to Fight Night. Hopefully that gets touched up before release. Also, I noticed some player clipping (although minor) with players fingers & hands going through players body parts. That needs to be cleaned up. Physics look a little wonky at times but not too bad. The grappling & ground game looks great. Much more organic & looks less scripted. Overall I liked what I saw. The game is definitely improved but it still has this overall sluggish look/feel. I can't put my finger on it but something just looks a little off. Maybe it's the game running at only 30fps. Idk I'm still on the fence about the game but I need to see more.

On a side note, the player models are phenomenal! The skin tones, muscle flexing, bruising, etc.. all truly Next Gen stuff. Why can't all EA Sports games use this engine for their player models especially NBA Live? Just sayin.....

Last edited by JKSportsGamer1984; 01-27-2016 at 08:18 PM.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:39 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Beta Live Stream on Twitch, Archive Available Now

Great session. DJ is an interesting guy and worked well with Brian Hayes.

All I can say to the lucky ones tomorrow: "It's Time!!!"
Old 01-28-2016, 09:21 AM   #4
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I missed this but I'll check the archive

Is DJ still sponsored by Microsoft/Xbox one?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:33 AM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I missed this but I'll check the archive

Is DJ still sponsored by Microsoft/Xbox one?
I dont think he is. The Reebok deal killed that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2016, 11:27 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've watched both Twitch streams extensively, and I see the improvements for sure, but all in all I'm left pretty underwhelmed. For a 2-year development cycle (not really 2 but you get what I mean), I expected more parts of the game to be polished (TKOs, ref interaction), improved upon (takedowns), and added (pressing up against the cage from takedown attempts, is it there??). At this point, it seems that UFC3 still offers a more complete and authentic MMA experience. But I'll wait until after playing the beta before I give my full impressions.

This was fun to watch though, Brian and DJ were entertaining to listen to and watch play the game. (Side note: Was kinda bummed to hear that Wandy's out, esp since Sakuraba's now in. Would've been a fun match up for old times' sake)

Last edited by rafaelpaolo84; 01-28-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:02 PM   #7
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelpaolo84
I've watched both Twitch streams extensively, and I see the improvements for sure, but all in all I'm left pretty underwhelmed. For a 2-year development cycle (not really 2 but you get what I mean), I expected more parts of the game to be polished (TKOs, ref interaction), improved upon (takedowns), and added (pressing up against the cage from takedown attempts, is it there??). At this point, it seems that UFC3 still offers a more complete and authentic MMA experience. But I'll wait until after playing the beta before I give my full impressions.

This was fun to watch though, Brian and DJ were entertaining to listen to and watch play the game. (Side note: Was kinda bummed to hear that Wandy's out, esp since Sakuraba's now in. Would've been a fun match up for old times' sake)
Yeah one thing that I can't stand is the ref interactions from last game and this one from this strea. Why is it the refs after you're pummeling a guy on the ground continue to let you do it and not grab you or push you out of the way like in real life? They just...stand there and then you get off the guy slowly and then into the cut scene of you celebrating with the ref over the guy who was just knocked out saying it's over? It destroys the immersion.

Is this a technical issue? What is the reasoning for this?
Old 01-28-2016, 12:15 PM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelpaolo84

I agree with this statement but I also believe its unfair to compare the two games at this point. UFC 3 was the culmination of three games and 5-6 years of development. UFC 2 has only been developed for 3 plus years.

With that said, UFC 3 is more complete than UFC 2 will be. As it should be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »