Home

Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2016 Developer Diary - New Player Categories

This is a discussion on Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2016 Developer Diary - New Player Categories within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2016, 08:40 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Wolverine Studios has just posted their first Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2016 developer diary, as they go over the new player categories in the game.

Quote:
The first new categories are Floor Range and Ball Actions. Floor Range is distributed among four areas: Post, Midrange, Corner and Above Break. Together, they tell you often a player attempts a shot from a given area on the floor.

There are six actions a player can take: Drive and Pass, Drive and Shoot, Catch and Shoot, Dribble and Shoot, Post Up, and Pass. Thompson is clearly a player who prefers to do something with the ball when he has it – over 40% of the time. Thompson’s biggest tendency is to catch and shoot at 21%. You can see that his Drawing Fouls rating is not very good, which would be expected from a player who relies so heavily on working off of cuts and screens to shoot the basketball. Let’s compare him to another shooting guard.

Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2016, 10:21 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
I'm keeping a close eye on this upcoming version of DDS:PB. These improvements plus the addition of historical replays have me really intrigued.
Old 02-04-2016, 01:03 AM   #3
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2016 Developer Diary - New Player Categories

I'm not sure how this is any different to what they already have in place bar adding a couple more options.

Doesn't improve the engine any or fix legacy bugs, some of which have been around since TPB 2003.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:55 PM   #4
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2016 Developer Diary - New Player Categories

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey33
I'm not sure how this is any different to what they already have in place bar adding a couple more options.

Doesn't improve the engine any or fix legacy bugs, some of which have been around since TPB 2003.

Yeah, I am looking forward to the game but this series have been more flash then fundamentals. Hopefully stats and bugs will be less of a problem this go around. If only Fast Break Pro Basketball and this game had a baby with each other.

FBPB got the fundamental right but lacks key features (still doesn't have RFA...) DDS Pro Basketball have all of the nice features I wish FBPB had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2016, 02:36 AM   #5
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Anyone checked this out yet?

There is suppose to be a new college version coming out this year also.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 06:10 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Anyone checked this out yet?

There is suppose to be a new college version coming out this year also.

It's good. New historical feature let's play back with rosters starting from 1976.

However there are a bunch of different bugs that causes the game to crash and FG% and 3PT% are way too high. I haven't bought the game yet, just played the demo. I guess I'll hold out until they fix all the bugs or save my money for their college game.

I'm also beginning to think Draymond Green is way too hard to emulate in a 2K or sim game now lol.

Last edited by D7H7N; 02-22-2016 at 06:12 AM.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:18 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

the historical replay is fantastic. really enjoying it.

still a little buggy. currently stuck on a crash that wont let me advance on a save I spend a ton of time on.

developer is pretty good about addressing those, but not super fast about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »