Home

Details From Angel Stadium in MLB The Show 16 vs. MLB 15 The Show

This is a discussion on Details From Angel Stadium in MLB The Show 16 vs. MLB 15 The Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2016, 08:22 PM   #9
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Details From Angel Stadium in MLB The Show 16 vs. MLB 15 The Show

If every MLB stadium gets that kind of treatment then that will be awesome.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:53 PM   #10
Rookie

GWPump23's Arena

OVR: 3
EVERY year, The Show states early that the graphics have improved...
EVERY year, I say to myself (before seeing the improvements) why? The graphics can't get much better... Why spend so mush time there?
And... EVERY year, the graphics improve SO much that it's almost mind boggling to me!
The Show is only a few years away from making the PS3 version look like "Pong"

-GW-
Old 02-05-2016, 09:49 PM   #11
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

OVR: 0
While they continue to do a great job with the environments, the players themselves leave a lot to be desired. I get these videos and streams are from non final builds, but I don't expect much more. I popped The Show in last week and was greatly disappointed. What went from being a step above at PS4 launch is now out of date. The player faces look okay, but fabric and skin look way too cartoonish. It's something I didn't notice until I went back to the game.

While still the best sim and representation of their sport on the market, I hope to see it take a step forward in the player/jersey department. Since that's why you interact with most while playing, it's starting to take away from the immersion factor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2016, 10:05 PM   #12
FA

Factzzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
While they continue to do a great job with the environments, the players themselves leave a lot to be desired. I get these videos and streams are from non final builds, but I don't expect much more. I popped The Show in last week and was greatly disappointed. What went from being a step above at PS4 launch is now out of date. The player faces look okay, but fabric and skin look way too cartoonish. It's something I didn't notice until I went back to the game.

While still the best sim and representation of their sport on the market, I hope to see it take a step forward in the player/jersey department. Since that's why you interact with most while playing, it's starting to take away from the immersion factor.
Let's just hope next year is the year they finally take the step and make a drastic effort to improve player models.

Old 02-06-2016, 04:22 AM   #13
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWPump23
EVERY year, The Show states early that the graphics have improved...
EVERY year, I say to myself (before seeing the improvements) why? The graphics can't get much better... Why spend so mush time there?
And... EVERY year, the graphics improve SO much that it's almost mind boggling to me!
The Show is only a few years away from making the PS3 version look like "Pong"

-GW-
Well if you are constantly thinking to yourself graphics can not get much better on a PS3 or even the PS4 versions you clearly have a low priority and knowledge of graphics no offense. There is pleeeeenty of stuff to do to even make it look semi-photorealistic.

That being said it will be pretty awesome to see this all on the screen. I hope it all turns out great. I do wonder if they got to every stadium or just focused on a couple really nice ones.

It's looking more and more like 17 might be THE game to get in the series full price. I feel like they could use another year to build and polish still. Not that 16 won't be awesome, I just feel baseball is a lot of work.

Last edited by MythicalGnome; 02-06-2016 at 04:28 AM.
Old 02-06-2016, 05:47 AM   #14
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Details From Angel Stadium in MLB The Show 16 vs. MLB 15 The Show

I wonder if 17 would be the year they ditch the ps3 version. Curious what the minimum ps3 sales must be to develop the game at least one more year. If that is a guideline at all...

I looked up some info on VGchartz (don't know how reliable they are) and found some pretty interesting numbers.

Mlb 15 sold 210.000 more ps4 copies (840.000) than Mlb 14 which ofcourse is largely due to the fact more people had a ps4 around the time 15 came out.

Now 15 on ps3 sold only 10000 less than 14. Still 370.000! So unless 16 makes a significant drop in sales I think the ps3 version will be kept alive.

Last edited by LastActionHero; 02-06-2016 at 06:01 AM.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:29 AM   #15
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
This is awesome. Definitely need this amount of detail in the player models smh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2016, 10:26 AM   #16
Pro

Can anyone confirm if PBR was turned on during the RTS Twitch stream earlier this week? I heard conflicting reports. If not, I am extremely excited to see it during next week's gameplay stream.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »