Home

UEFA Euro 2016 Coming to PES 2016 on March 24, Standalone Edition on April 21

This is a discussion on UEFA Euro 2016 Coming to PES 2016 on March 24, Standalone Edition on April 21 within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2016, 02:52 PM   #9

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Coming to PES 2016 on March 24, Standalone Edition on April 21

Weird that they're actually releasing a physical/disc version of this, considering how little they are adding.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:03 PM   #10

dubcity's Arena

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Coming to PES 2016 on March 24, Standalone Edition on April 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Meh, it's cool that they're doing it for free I guess, although I don't expect it to be anything amazing. Until they fix some of the broken aspects of the game, it's hard to get too worked up about PES.

I've just accepted that the game is built for 10 minute match length, and the defense is hit or miss at best. It's still 100 times less frustrating than FIFA.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:53 PM   #11
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I've just accepted that the game is built for 10 minute match length, and the defense is hit or miss at best. It's still 100 times less frustrating than FIFA.
To each his own. I've still yet to see a 0-0 match in PES, even at the 10 minute game length. There's too much space, the shooting is way overpowered, and the GKs are garbage. It really takes away from scoring great goals, because they happen every 2-3 minutes of real time.

FIFA has its issues as well, but I find it to be more like a sim experience than PES, and on World Class I feel like I've really accomplished something when I score. I like and own both games, but Konami's continued negligence on some of these legacy issues will eventually run me off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 06:03 PM   #12

dubcity's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
To each his own. I've still yet to see a 0-0 match in PES, even at the 10 minute game length. There's too much space, the shooting is way overpowered, and the GKs are garbage. It really takes away from scoring great goals, because they happen every 2-3 minutes of real time.

Yeah, I have the opposite problem with FIFA. 95% of my matches on WC end 0-0. It's basically pick your poison.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:58 PM   #13
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
I've read a few comments from other sites that the next data pack is scheduled for April 21. I don't know how true that is but if so that is insane. The European seasons would be nearly completed. Konami has got to figure out a better way to update and save rosters. Like every other sports game on the market has done.
It releases on April 21, but if you have PES 16 already, you can get it March 24th.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:28 AM   #14
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Yeah, I have the opposite problem with FIFA. 95% of my matches on WC end 0-0. It's basically pick your poison.
It is quite a discrepancy to say the least. I play 30 minute games on FIFA, and generally I find the stats to be pretty realistic. The winning team usually has 15ish shots on goal and usually I see between 1 and 3 goals per game, sometimes more, sometimes less. I just love that game length because I never feel rushed. I can play possession, and if I go down a goal I don't feel panicked to equalize right away.

Really my biggest FIFA gripe is that I feel like the CPU is given some unfair advantages on World Class and Legendary difficulties. Maybe it's just sour grapes, but it just seems like they press me HARD all game long, and yet I always seem to be the one with injured and exhausted players. I can still win on World Class (probably 1 out of every 3), but it's rare that I out-shoot them or dominate possession. I do feel that the last gameplay patch humanized the AI a bit, as I'm now seeing errand passes once in awhile, but it's still really, really hard to beat them on the higher difficulties.

If only we could combine the best attributes from each game......
Old 02-23-2016, 09:50 AM   #15
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

OVR: 0

Stade de France the only stadium???? Wow

I anticipated the lack of new content once they said the DLC was free for those who already purchased PES 2016.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2016, 07:34 PM   #16
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
Stade de France the only stadium???? Wow

I anticipated the lack of new content once they said the DLC was free for those who already purchased PES 2016.
good thing I have it on PC & can get all the different stadiums the community makes

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »