Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - Battle Royale and Conquest Modes (Gamestop)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - Battle Royale and Conquest Modes (Gamestop) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2016, 11:51 AM   #17
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Some MLB The Show 16 Conquest & Battle Royale Details Have Been Revealed

Wonder if you can complete Captains Missions in these modes. Moreso Conquest because in Battle Royal you'll have a drafted team and can't control what cards you get to an extent to earn complete missions faster. But in conquest mode you can change your lineup based on what cards you have to complete captains missions faster.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:51 AM   #18
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
Google luck with beating all teams on Legend

You'll Never Walk Alone!

Well, I doubt I would ever play it on Legend. I value my sanity.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:53 AM   #19
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Some MLB The Show 16 Conquest & Battle Royale Details Have Been Revealed

Fantastic, ended up being exactly what I thought from the mode names. I wonder though if you are limited in how often you can play Battle Royale. Seems very similar to hearthstone so I wonder if there will be a buy in. A bit of a shame that there are exclusive cards to modes since many people don't want to play online and many don't want to play single player in DD. I think it's more limiting to offline players since winning multiple games in a row probably isn't that easy when you don't play online a lot.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 03-07-2016 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:55 AM   #20
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Wonder if you can complete Captains Missions in these modes. Moreso Conquest because in Battle Royal you'll have a drafted team and can't control what cards you get to an extent to earn complete missions faster. But in conquest mode you can change your lineup based on what cards you have to complete captains missions faster.
You won't be able to complete your captain missions faster in Conquest or BR, because captain missions want you to complete a certain amount of innings (not games) with certain players. So if you play only 3 innings games, you won't complete them faster...

You'll Never Walk Alone!
Old 03-07-2016, 11:57 AM   #21
Rookie

letsgomets75's Arena

Quote:
You won't be able to complete your captain missions faster in Conquest or BR, because captain missions want you to complete a certain amount of innings with certain players. So if you play only 3 innings games, you won't complete them faster...

You'll Never Walk Alone!
Well its really the same either way. Playing 3, 3 inning games will take the same amount of time as 1, 9 inning game (approximately) and is still 9 innings each.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2016, 11:57 AM   #22
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

Quote:
You won't be able to complete your captain missions faster in Conquest or BR, because captain missions want you to complete a certain amount of innings with certain players. So if you play only 3 innings games, you won't complete them faster...

You'll Never Walk Alone!
I remember them saying you earn based on innings and how many players you have. So if the mission is play with guys with clutch rating higher than 75 if you have 4 players with that rating for 3 innings you'll earn more tickets than playing with 2 players with that rating for 3 innings.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:58 AM   #23
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
Well, I doubt I would ever play it on Legend. I value my sanity.
Its only 3 innings...So a quick defeat is better than a drawn out 9 inning one on Legend.

I really like the idea of three innings. Makes things pressure packed right off the bat.

Last edited by Shakedowncapo; 03-07-2016 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:05 PM   #24
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Also, If I'm not mistaken, you have to "pay" a certain amount of stubbs to play Battle Royale each time you draft a new team.

I'm sure It's going to be like Arena mode in Hearthstone, where an arena run is 150 golds and a pack is 100 golds, but you are guaranteed to get a pack in every Arena run no matter how many games you have won.

If I have to guess a Battle Royale run is going to be 1500 Stubbs, while a pack is going to be 1000 stubs. Don't think that you are going to get a reward worth 500 for 2 wins, but you could break even with the 5 wins reward.

You'll Never Walk Alone!

Where did you see this? I didn't see anything about having to spend stubs to play the mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »