Home

NBA 2K16 Shot Tweak Arrives Today For Green Releases & Contest Three Pointers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Shot Tweak Arrives Today For Green Releases & Contest Three Pointers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2016, 09:31 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
At least they gave us a heads up this time. I was upset because I thought I was losing my mind when I woke up one day and the game seemed way different in that the same shots I had been setting up before weren't dropping until I read others with the same complaint. I wish there was a way for franchises to pick which tuner set to use and have it as a concrete setting.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:49 AM   #10
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Some of the tweaks have been good, but they're just too frequent for my liking. I'd rather they spend the time updating player faces and tendencies.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:29 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
this is just proof the game has been broken since the start......the game predetermines a winner before the game even starts.....animation lag sucks..players are like controlling tanks...almost ever game in myteam you only play cheese teams-why cant you make the people that use certains player to win,,,play each other.....im not buying 2k17 because of all of this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2016, 10:37 AM   #12
Pro

Re: NBA 2K16 Shot Tweak Arrives Today For Green Releases & Contest Three Pointers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin2k0
this is just proof the game has been broken since the start......the game predetermines a winner before the game even starts.....animation lag sucks..players are like controlling tanks...almost ever game in myteam you only play cheese teams-why cant you make the people that use certains player to win,,,play each other.....im not buying 2k17 because of all of this.
Wait.....what

I think the best route for 2K17 is to nail the shootings percentages prior to release as much as possible, like they did this year and do one or two minor updates within the first month or so just to iron out the very small kinks based on reality, not twitter or social media that doesn't have a good grasp on what really occurs during a game.

When they did their first few updates and lowered mid-range a tad and fixed stepbacks effectiveness, it was dam near perfect. But people wanted to rain threes and yet here we are, again.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:51 AM   #13
Rookie

NBA 2K16 Shot Tweak Arrives Today For Green Releases & Contest Three Pointers

Last night I was hitting open 3s with my center again at a 75% click.

If he made it even easier than it should be even closer to patch 4 than it was Tuesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2016, 01:17 PM   #14
MVP

Re: NBA 2K16 Shot Tweak Arrives Today For Green Releases & Contest Three Pointers

I've been playing since this morning. I can't really complain about the shooting, at least as far as being open goes. I've had a few clanks, but I feel like I'm actually being rewarded for the most part for playing smart. The contested 3 might need a bit more of a hit, and buffing midrange a bit, but otherwise, I'm fine with shooting.

Last edited by Caelumfang; 03-09-2016 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:36 PM   #15
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

DON'T

CHANGE

A

THING

lol. But seriously IMO, this is the best experience I've had so far in regards to being rewarded for taking great shots and being punished for taking bad shots. Isn't that what basketball is about?

Yes it is still possible to both miss wide open shots (even green releases) and make contested shots.

I have played 9 games today.

I have been the Timberwolves, Blazers, Warriors, Wizards, 76ers, Bucks, Bulls, Cavaliers and Celtics and I've played against the Cavaliers, Rockets, Thunder, Warriors and Hawks

I have won all 9 by an average of 8ppg. The reason for this is I dont take contested 3's and have been converting on open looks even with guys with low Offensive Consistency. (Shoutout to the Sixers lol)

Meanwhile my opponents for the most part (other than the 3 guys who were determined to try to dunk no matter what) shot a percentage more indicative of my ability to close out on shots.

Over the 9 games I shot 41 for 97 (42%) from 3 while my opponents shot 23 for 81 (28%). This included a game against the Warriors who went 3 for 19 and a Rockets user who went 1 for 17 and was the angriest child I've ever heard in my life and makes me fearful to see a school shooting tomorrow but also wonder why he's even home at 12:30 on a Tuesday.

In 2 games against the Warriors, Steph was 1 for 11 in one game and 5 for 9 in the other (the 2nd user took good shots, the 1st took horrible shots, not even Steph-like horrible)

Fair and Balanced
But not in a Fox News way. Good work 2k!

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2016, 01:40 PM   #16
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

So much complaining, and no feedback...wow.

After playing the game, it's not too bad. It does puts more focus (and rewarding) on making sure to contest the 3 or run them off the 3PT line. HOWEVER, it makes for a better situation where you can pick up more FTs for 3 shots by using a pump fake. Before, you can play the 3PT tight, but no one was really "worried or terrified" of the 3PT shot unless it was Steph Curry. Lastly, I think it opens up the post game a little bit more, because it makes a bad decision to drop down for the double team in the post.

However, I did hit a wide open 3 with Myles Turner and Ty Lawson, but I do like that Ellis can be a 3PT threat when open.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 03-09-2016 at 01:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »