Home

MLB The Show 16 Player Ratings - Top Players at Each Position

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Player Ratings - Top Players at Each Position within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2016, 11:58 PM   #17
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: MLB The Show 16 Player Ratings - Top Players at Each Position

Jon Lester the 18th ranked pitcher......... BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 03-11-2016, 12:33 AM   #18
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Good to see Longo in the top 10 for 3B.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:53 AM   #19
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

I personally think Adam Wainwright is under-rated. (yes I am biased but I still believe it)

2nd in Cy Young voting in 2013. 3rd in 2014.

They said that they would throw out injured years but even if they did not throw out his 2015 then he still had a 1.61 ERA in his four starts.

Seriously, just looking ahead of him, how is Dallas Keuchel's last three years of stats average out better than Wainwrights? They have to be taking off points for Wainwrights age or bumping Keuchel for his Cy Young Award, otherwise it doesn't make any sense to me. Wainwright outperformed him in every category in 2014. Wainwright far outperformed him in 2013 as Dallas had a pretty bad year that year, which they say accounts for 1/3 of his rating.

And I am not bagging on Keuchel at all just making a case that Wainwright is underrated.

Last edited by Dolenz; 03-11-2016 at 01:03 AM.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:17 AM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
I personally think Adam Wainwright is under-rated. (yes I am biased but I still believe it)

2nd in Cy Young voting in 2013. 3rd in 2014.

They said that they would throw out injured years but even if they did not throw out his 2015 then he still had a 1.61 ERA in his four starts.

Seriously, just looking ahead of him, how is Dallas Keuchel's last three years of stats average out better than Wainwrights? They have to be taking off points for Wainwrights age or bumping Keuchel for his Cy Young Award, otherwise it doesn't make any sense to me. Wainwright outperformed him in every category in 2014. Wainwright far outperformed him in 2013 as Dallas had a pretty bad year that year, which they say accounts for 1/3 of his rating.

And I am not bagging on Keuchel at all just making a case that Wainwright is underrated.
just gonna play devils advocate for 1 second...lets remember Keuchel plays in the AL and in a childs ballpark.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:21 AM   #21
Pro

Sooooo Corey Seager just got his cherry popped and is the same as Simmons?? hmmm ok. Also, apparently being made of glass is the way to be the top SS....Correa and Crawford should be the top 2. Tulo's durability better be a 24.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2016, 01:43 AM   #22
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

I do still wish they would scale the ratings more so we could see the extremes. Up the 99 rated pitch velocity to top out at 104 (an not just when you throw high fastballs) and have the slowest fastball in the MLB be 0.

Has anyone timed different run speed ratings from home to first? I'd be curious as to how the current (MLB 15) ratings translate to in game speed. The difference between a 99 and 0 should be basically this http://m.mlb.com/news/article/165096...speed-rankings

Top tier guys like Burns, Gordon and Hamilton at 3.9s (98-99 rated) and the low tier guys like Pujols and Ramos at 4.9s (0-1 rated). It might look weird to see Pujols with a 0 speed rating, but that is how I'd like to see the ratings. The top guy in that rating is a 99 and the lowest is a 0. This is a poor example due to handedness (right handed hitters are always slower to first), but you get the point. I want the slowest guy in the league a 0 and the fastest 99.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 03-11-2016 at 01:47 AM.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:01 AM   #23
Rookie

CSUFresnoClassof2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedEvil
Sooooo Corey Seager just got his cherry popped and is the same as Simmons?? hmmm ok. Also, apparently being made of glass is the way to be the top SS....Correa and Crawford should be the top 2. Tulo's durability better be a 24.

Crawford is pretty low to me after last season. His glove has been great Since he came into the league. His bat finally caught up. Hitting 21 home runs while playing at AT&T is impressive especially for a shortstop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2016, 07:04 AM   #24
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSUFresnoClassof2011
Crawford is pretty low to me after last season. His glove has been great Since he came into the league. His bat finally caught up. Hitting 21 home runs while playing at AT&T is impressive especially for a shortstop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The peripheral numbers show that his offensive numbers were pretty fluky last season. That's why you saw his batting average plummet in the second half when his BABIP finally normalized.

Kind of seems like ratings are a bit too high for a number of guys, especially Corey Seager. I know we shouldn't get caught up to much into the OVR but that number also has a hand in determining where players max out so when there isn't that much room to grow for them...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »