Home

The Things You Haven't Done Yet in FIFA 16

This is a discussion on The Things You Haven't Done Yet in FIFA 16 within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2016, 09:30 AM   #9
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0
I know 1 thing I haven't done in FIFA 16, played FUT. Never have and never will.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:41 AM   #10
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: The Things You Haven't Done Yet in FIFA 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
FIFA's career mode lacks the depth of almost all other sports career games, with the exception of PES. Only the BPL or maybe Bundesliga approaches good depth because of the commentary and stadiums. But even the BPL career lacks the manager and the role their out-sized personalities play in real games. And it of course lacks the crucial role that B and youth teams play in football. How many of the Manchester United players who played in the last game against Arsenal were missing from the default roster? I think even Madden has increased the number of free agents and has expanded pre-season rosters. So, if you want to play as a Norwegian team in FIFA you miss out of the real world importance of youth teams to those teams and the reality of limited budgets and limited local talents. It's pretty easy to play as Molde and find some 85 potential youth player and be able to keep him, when this would never happen in the real world. Think Martin Odegaard.
You can't expect Youth Squads to always be up-to-date. Hell, even the commentators during the United-Arsenal match didn't know too much about some of the kids.
Old 03-01-2016, 01:49 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 19

The first couple of months I got into Ultimate Team. After being frustrated by the CPU AI and the gap in difficulty between Pro and World Class, I decided to change it up. I created tournaments made up of eight teams, playing each opponent twice. This serves as an alternative to Seasons mode, and is shorter. I completed tournaments with Italian, Spanish & German teams. I still plan on creating tourneys for England, France, maybe Portugal, Argentina and the Rest of the World. I pick the better/well known teams. I get to know who is on these sides, instead of obsessing over Ultimate Team. Ultimate Team can be fun and challenging, but as someone posted somewhere on OS earlier on, you are the only person who is interested in your UT. Playing tournaments keeps you grounded in the real world. The FIFA series can educate you about "football." Why not sample gameplay of clubs in a variety of domestic leagues, instead of obsessing over UT or your favorite club in Seasons?

Last edited by LucianoJJ; 03-01-2016 at 01:51 PM. Reason: tourney
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2016, 02:46 PM   #12
Rookie

buziii's Arena

This thread had me thinking about changing things up and trying something new. I'm strictly a career mode player, and I keep several careers going for the purpose of changing things up a bit.

I began a different type of career last night. I created a team made up of USA under 21 players (SoFIFA age 15-20). I transferred them all into an MLS team (I used Seattle Sounders just because I like their kits). Then I put the team into the English Championship League. I much prefer playing in England for the extra presentation and the ability to play in the Europa and Champions Leagues. The team will be rated the worst team in the League, so it will be a challenge to avoid relegation, then improve enough in a few years to get promoted to the BPL. Using these players has the added benefit of becoming familiar with the younger USA players that may be coming up in the future.

The Championship League teams will have to increase their travel budgets, since they will now be travelling to Seattle in lieu of Roterham United!
Old 03-08-2016, 09:18 PM   #13
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

Any one remember the mode from Fifa 11 i think called Live seasons? you could play along side the real seasons of the leagues and it used the actual squad and formations for those games.
It was perfect for me as i dont like to take the time to switch around players and formations but i do like authenticity .
I ended up buying all 4 major European leagues and played through them all on full manual it was awesome but i seemed to be the only one who played it.
Wish they would bring that mode back and add all the cups and stuff also it would be epic.
Like a career mode but without all the tinkering its like the coach is doing his thing and you just played the game.
Old 03-13-2016, 04:38 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide
Any one remember the mode from Fifa 11 i think called Live seasons? you could play along side the real seasons of the leagues and it used the actual squad and formations for those games.
It was perfect for me as i dont like to take the time to switch around players and formations but i do like authenticity .
I ended up buying all 4 major European leagues and played through them all on full manual it was awesome but i seemed to be the only one who played it.
Wish they would bring that mode back and add all the cups and stuff also it would be epic.
Like a career mode but without all the tinkering its like the coach is doing his thing and you just played the game.
Yeah, I enjoyed that, too. I wonder if that was the 'offline' manager-type gamers one chance to become the target audience? And when that failed we sort of went out of the developers' plans.

I think if they could program historical season into 'live' mode and say, start your career in 1995 or something and play through with actual roster moves and line-ups... I wonder if that might be successful as a money maker for the game developers. I mean, they've been making the games long enough - they have the ratings etc. that they need.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:47 PM   #15
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

Enjoyed career mode.

It's ####ING boring being 5 years out and playing teams with 95% same roster from first game. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING.

ugh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2016, 07:41 PM   #16
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Only a couple more weeks until I can trade this crap game in for The Show.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »