Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Graphics Improvements & Dev. Tournament Finals

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Graphics Improvements & Dev. Tournament Finals within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2016, 07:05 PM   #9
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream Starts Now - Graphics Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Graphics improvements were excellent and I didn't see the entire stream - did they do the classic stadium deep dive earlier in the stream or did they postpone or cancel it?
I didn't see anything about the classic stadiums.
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 03-15-2016, 07:22 PM   #10
Rookie

headzapp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
I love the Show and buy it every single year and I think it looks a lot better this year with the PBR and what they've added. My question is why do you think they go into so much detail on things we will never see while playing the game? Such as the picture frames in a suite booth, or the nice reflections on lamps in certain areas. As this all looks really cool...when do we ever see this besides when they do fly cam streams like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The little things immerse people more into the game. You can have a game that looks real but have a phone that looks like a ps1 game, your eye will catch it and take you out of the game. Just how in movies with bad cgi. So with a game is it important to have everything consistent.
I remember when The Last of Us came out on ps3 and the bricks on some building were blurry. I was like this doesn't look great. It took me out of that world for a moment. It doesn't hurt the game, but makes it better.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:26 PM   #11
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by headzapp
You can have a game that looks real but have a phone that looks like a ps1 game, your eye will catch it and take you out of the game. Just how in movies with bad cgi. So with a game is it important to have everything consistent.
Now take out the word "phone" and replace it with "player" and that's exactly why people still ask about player models all the time lol.

They may not look like ps1 phones... but ps3 phones, definitely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 07:26 PM   #12
Rookie

happymadison's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Graphics Improvements & Dev. Tournament Finals

I was unable to catch the graphics improvement stream live when will it be archived?
Old 03-15-2016, 07:39 PM   #13
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1
MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Graphics Improvements & Dev. Tournament Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by headzapp
The little things immerse people more into the game. You can have a game that looks real but have a phone that looks like a ps1 game, your eye will catch it and take you out of the game. Just how in movies with bad cgi. So with a game is it important to have everything consistent.

I remember when The Last of Us came out on ps3 and the bricks on some building were blurry. I was like this doesn't look great. It took me out of that world for a moment. It doesn't hurt the game, but makes it better.

I get that, but only the little things that we can actually see. You can't see into suite luxury boxes while playing the game...so the details added there won't make a difference. Now I think it's pretty cool that they go in that much depth and detail in their game...just wondering if maybe the time could be used for other things we actually see? Or maybe they can do those so quick it didn't really take much time for them to do? I'm not sure was just kinda wondering what other people thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 03-15-2016, 07:46 PM   #14
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Graphics Improvements & Dev. Tournament Finals

Game looks great. Just wondering if the Trop will look as good as all the other stadiums with PBR?
Old 03-15-2016, 07:47 PM   #15
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

I hope they put this much detail into jerseys and player models next year. While all this is great, most of it would have gone unnoticed if they didn't point it out to us. The photo used on this article sums up what they need to work on to take graphics to the next level. The sleeves are hovering around the arm. Jersey physics and better interaction with wind, the player itself is sorely needed.

I remember how much better 14 looked than any other sports game out. I thought 15 took a big step. However, after playing games like NHL, FIFA, Madden, and NBA, MLB leaves a lot to be desired. I put 15 back in recently and it looked so dated to all other games out. The below average player models placed in great environments isn't the ideal mix because the players is what the game is centered on. It draws away from the immersion factor instantly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 07:48 PM   #16
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Just wondering if the Trop will look as good as all the other stadiums with PBR?
Drink enough PBR and anything will look great, even the Trop!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »