Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Review (PS4/XB1) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2016, 08:29 PM   #9
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
Great review Glenn. I'm happy with the game and look forward to the patches as well as more time spent with the game.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:34 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6
EA Sports UFC 2 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altohombre
I don't have the game, but have watched several career play throughs online and it seems very unrealistic even on Adaptive AI. The majority of real UFC fights are back and forth with pushing against the cage, takedowns, and ground games. It seems like the majority of UFC 2 fights even up to fights in the top 10 are all knockouts in the first round where you can just spam head kicks and punches over and over. Wish AI fighters would chance the pace and attempt takedowns when they are being rocked.

Agree. I've also watched a lot of videos and the game is still too punch and kick heavy. That said, I'm a big MMA fan so I'll prob pick up the game late in the year if it's on sale for $20.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2016, 11:45 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
I played the EA access and just picked up the game today in Aus - never played the original UFC though.

I feel a bit sorry for those guys who play offline - the career mode doesn't look great, but it is cool that you can go through and customise your fighters style and individual moves fairly easily. This is a great way to equip certain moves and see how they interact in an offline mode.

Online, however, is where the game shines. It's a tense battle between two evenly-matched (hopefully - this will even out when people reach their realistic online divisions) fighters and quickly turns into a game of cat and mouse. One of the fights today I had was a pretty epic R4 KO where I had got rocked in the first round and nearly got KO'd myself, and made the adjustments to how he was throwing 4 punch combos (2 body then 2 head) by blocking then dodging then counter-punching. He again adjusted in R3 and started getting super aggressive, which I countered with hard body kicks, which HE then countered by attempting takedowns. I feel it's an awesome game online, but a bit of a shame about the offline. It would be cool to have an online "event mode" where you could create your own UFC 201 and then fight online opponents based on the card you made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2016, 11:53 PM   #12
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
The game is good. I would think a good single player experience is a must for the game to excel but maybe online or ultimate team are more important. I say this because the career mode is honestly underwhelming. I've almost got to the end of my career and that means probably the end of the game for me mostly.

The review also surprisingly didn't mention the training in career mode. Its bad in almost every way. You can sim your best grade which leaves little desire to redo any training. That is actually a good thing(which it shouldn't be) because the training is either boring or ridiculous. If I'm training defense I shouldn't have to chase my training partner around the ring to get him to attack me so I can train, you know, defense.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:40 AM   #13
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8
I also tried the early access and liked the game in general. I won't buy the full version though because of minimal additions to offline career mode. Hopefully it will get more attention next time.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:35 AM   #14
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

OVR: 0
Imagine if the career mode was like myplayer in nba 2k and you play offline to get badges and boost up your attributes and whenever u are ready to go online u take your my boxer u created online. That would be a game changer to go along with universe mode.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:47 AM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
This game needs some actual care and time put into it or I'll never buy it. It's absolutely unacceptable that the career mode was practically left an unchanged mess that it is.

Sports game developers need to take a look at NBA 2k and MLB The Show and maybe learn from those guys?
To be fair, MLB the Show is in its 10th year and NBA 2k is in its 16th. Its easy to have a fleshed out and deep career/franchise mode when a game has 10 or 16 versions before it. This is only the 2nd version of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2016, 02:35 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
To be fair, MLB the Show is in its 10th year and NBA 2k is in its 16th. Its easy to have a fleshed out and deep career/franchise mode when a game has 10 or 16 versions before it. This is only the 2nd version of the game.
The Show has been around way longer than that, close to 20 yrs or at it. It was just MLB 02, 03, etc. and 989 studios did it until merged. Just added "The Show" after the name in 2006

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »