Home

MLB The Show 16 Has Officially Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Has Officially Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2016, 11:08 AM   #17
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Available, Post Your Impressions Here

Love the new lighting, especially at night. I also think they did a much better job this year with the new batting and pitching animations.

Only problem for me so far is the framerate is pretty bad. Hopefully it gets worked out as it really hurts the gameplay. Other than that, loving it
Old 03-29-2016, 11:10 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
Love the new lighting, especially at night. I also think they did a much better job this year with the new batting and pitching animations.

Only problem for me so far is the framerate is pretty bad. Hopefully it gets worked out as it really hurts the gameplay. Other than that, loving it
Haven't seen any framerate issues on my end for the digital version.

I'm with you on the animations...they look much better now.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:14 AM   #19
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
Haven't seen any framerate issues on my end for the digital version.

I'm with you on the animations...they look much better now.
I have played both versions, gave my early hardcopy away, and downloaded the digital last night. I have not noticed any difference so far Flaxseed Oil.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:17 AM   #20
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFBUC
I have played both versions, gave my early hardcopy away, and downloaded the digital last night. I have not noticed any difference so far Flaxseed Oil.
Does that mean there ARE issues or AREN'T?
Old 03-29-2016, 11:23 AM   #21
Rookie

anchorsteamer's Arena

OVR: 1

Haven't spent too much time with the game yet, but initial impression: smoother. The animations, the transitions between animations, the flow of the action are all much smoother. Difficult to tell how much the new lighting engine has impacted the actual graphics improvements, but the scale seems more realistic. Both day and night games look great.

SF 49ers
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994

GS Warriors
1956*1975*2015
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 11:23 AM   #22
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0

Haven't played a game yet but spent some time doing batting practice this morning trying to work out how I'll play the game this year, and I have to say I'm a little underwhelmed at the new precision input engine.

I played directional on veteran to start out. I played as Bautista with Tillman pitching. First pitch in the zone is a high inside fastball. I see it all the way and time it perfectly. Foul tipped behind the plate. At first I think "Hey, maybe that was just a fluke. After all they didn't promise ALL well timed swings would result in hard hit balls." Too bad the rest of the batting practice went the same. Perfectly timed hits resulting in fouls and choppers.

Worst part is, I went back to center swinging on zone and got much better results.

I'm going to give directional another try later when I play a full game. There are a lot of things I like about it. Hope that my experience in batting practice was just an exception.

I also noticed an incredibly broken animation from the check swing. Yikes 20 minutes playing the game and I'm catching all the worst of it. Still, looking forward to this afternoon when I can play more.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:01 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20

Pretty bad?? What? I assume this is hyperbole as it's been smooth for me.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:01 PM   #24
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

This game is amazing! It's so damn gorgeous and smooth. I have played 3 games strait and bout to dive into the 4th after lunch. That says a lot considering I'm a casual (at best) baseball fan. I can actually mount an offense now. I always struggled with hitting in The Show on PS3. Now, I'm putting non HR points on the board. This out of the box. Great job, devs!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »