Home

MLB The Show 16: Why This is The Year of Road to the Show

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16: Why This is The Year of Road to the Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2016, 11:18 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB The Show 16: Why This is The Year of Road to the Show

The changes in Road to the Show in this year's MLB The Show may seem minor, but they make a huge difference in terms of how the mode plays -- and these differences all add up to the best Road to the Show experience yet.

See why this is the year of Road to the Show in the video above. Also subscribe to us on YouTube here.
Platform: PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2016, 03:36 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
RTTS is actually trash this year:
1. Whats up with the automatic ball halo and ball trail?
2. The camera angle in the outfield! Why it starts off in 3rd person then ends up having you lookin at the baseball's landing spot? Like really!? Where's the challenge?! Shoulda just left it like '15 if anything. Like the mode is more childish than ever. It looks like I'm playing Backyard Baseball. Like forreal though, for all that I might as well let the computer play for me.
I hope they patch those things I said above, cuz otherwise, Road to the Show is ruined to me.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:40 PM   #3
Rookie

Agreed about the ball halo.

I'm a pure RTTS player, and right now The Show is sitting gathering dust until they patch this.
I've tried to play through it but I just can't, it shatters the immersion every single time.

An inexplicable decision to remove the option to turn off the halo.
Please please guys, give us back the option to turn it off.

Last edited by zephyr22; 04-05-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:19 PM   #4
Rookie

Need the option for ball trail and ball halo to be turned off in RTTS mode and player lock mode.

Bug report - Ball trail

http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/10035
Old 04-05-2016, 06:24 PM   #5
Pro

Stolm's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 16: Why This is The Year of Road to the Show

I don't see how being able to quickly go from game to game and spend points in between, but not really getting into Showtime and Perks, and having a busted fielding camera warrants "Year of RTTS" Probably choose a less hyperbolic title.

In my opinion this mode is a shell of it's former self.

- Being forced to time jump between player opportunities, with the only way to experience what your team is doing, is having to hit a button during each and every cutscene(which skips said cutscene). Seriously immersion breaking, and for a mode that needed to improve on making you feel part of an actual team, it has gone in the opposite direction even further.

- Personally I think Showtime and Perks are an awful addition, and are just gimmicky fluff for casuals, but we were told they could be disabled. Except they can't be...........not 100%. I still get slow motion showtime while on base, and when certain fielding oppurtunites arise, with all of Showtime disabled in the options.

- I wasn't aware of how awful the Outfield Camera was, though I do not personally like the infield one

As someone who from MLB 12-14 sank hundreds upon hundreds of hours into RTTS, with the recent cuts to Broadcast last year, and with even more cuts and additions that I have no interest in, I am officially done with this mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2016, 07:03 PM   #6
MVP

underdog13's Arena

It's still way to easy to crank up your ovr in a year or two.

Several debilitating bugs, can't turn show time off and can't get rid of ball trail.

And by all accounts by people here at O.S the outfield fielding Camera actually has made being an outfielder possible again

This video is just out of touch with the O.S community, imo.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited by underdog13; 04-05-2016 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:20 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 27

Showtime on the bases happening automatically is a bug.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2016, 09:07 PM   #8
Rookie

moose616's Arena

OVR: 3

Where is the "Manual Catch" feature? It got replaced by the Showtime function. Fielding in RTTS has become incredibly boring, especially as a 1B.

It's not like SCEA to completely remove play features. I'm all for adding ones with the intent of "if they don't like them, you can disable them"

Manual catch plus the new throw targeting mechanism would make fielding much more engaging and not just a mundane task before you hit again.

For the first time in the history of this game, I've been spending the majority of my time in a different mode.

Madden12
Rosters: Moose's 1993 Rosters for Madden (PS3)

MLB 12: The Show
Diamond Dynasty: Rocky Mountain Moose Knucklez

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »