Home

Madden Ultimate Team - Salary Cap Ranked Beta Coming Soon to Madden NFL 16

This is a discussion on Madden Ultimate Team - Salary Cap Ranked Beta Coming Soon to Madden NFL 16 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2016, 09:37 PM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden Ultimate Team - Salary Cap Ranked Beta Coming Soon to Madden NFL 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid251
I wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of CFM and just focused on Mut it makes all the money anyways.
CFM is a focus this year, not at the bottom of the scrap heat.

If MUT makes more money, doesn't anyone think other areas of the game benefit.

We'll all find out soon enough how much improvement went into CFM

Last edited by roadman; 04-16-2016 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:18 PM   #18
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
This just strikes me as the logical next step. Many already call for this type of thing, and it's another aspect of these fantasy modes that's mostly untapped to this point. It's easier to "justify" in a game where the real sport has a salary cap, but I personally think it should -- and will -- find its way to most of these modes over the next couple years as another way to balance the mode while still giving people a new way to team build. In other words, in theory it's the best of both worlds in terms of creating a longer tail for the mode in another new way.
Old 04-16-2016, 09:36 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have no problem with them making money and adding this. IF people want to spend their money then let them. I dont play this mode but if you like fantasy football then its right up your ally. I hope they improve CFM and I believe they will.
Old 04-16-2016, 05:40 PM   #20
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Sounds like draft kings or fanduel. I would enjoy it I think.

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2016, 06:17 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

I remember believing that all of these UT modes were lame cash grabs and wanting a decent franchise mode. But the reality is, Madden, and even the old 2K games have never been sims. The notion that a game that lets you juke, spin, and truck was a sim was laughable.

But sports gaming on the PC died, taking games like FBPro down with them. As the console games began to look better it has been tempting to think of them as sims, but they never were.

At some point MUT clicked with me. It wasn't sim, it was just fun. Draft Champions has been a revelation. It was the first time I had as much fun playing h2h as I did in Madden 94, when it was a group of friends playing and taking turns on the couch. It exposed the great flaw of MUT, which was the number of unbalanced games.

So getting a salary cap suddenly makes MUT fun again.

What makes MUT and DC is that you get the fun of team building and crafting a strategy outside of the narrow confines of what constitutes realistic. That seems counterintuitive, except that there has never been a single sports game on a console in which team building even approaches realism. Sure, they might have FA, Drafts, and salary caps, but there a million ways it fails. So you end up with thread after thread of annoyed gamers wanting this, that, or the other thing fixed.

But now I just team build and play. The games are great and competitive, and the strategy makes football sense. The only thing that would make it better is if CFM curmudgeons would give it a try and add a ton of more educated sports gamers to the mix.

While I think the exploit complaints are BS, it does get old beating the guys that keep trying. There are plays to beat everything, and going for it on 4th and onsides kicks hurt your chances.

But I find that establishing the run opens up the passing game, field position and time of possession matter, and exploiting match ups are key.

It's been a breath of fresh air to just play and have fun, not worrying about sliders, sims, and ridiculous progression schemes.

And seriously, you don't need to spend a dime to enjoy the mode. That goes double now that they are introducing a salary cap. Yes, they tempt you. But you might be amazed at how many coins you earn just playing solos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2016, 09:05 AM   #22
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14
With the addition and expansion of fantasy modes, there is no excuse for a simulation ranked mode to not be in games. Even if a alternate playlist, it should be there.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:59 AM   #23
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by phant030
With the addition and expansion of fantasy modes, there is no excuse for a simulation ranked mode to not be in games. Even if a alternate playlist, it should be there.
Be it on Twitter or wherever, the sim community needs to be more vocal with the devs about things like aggressive catch so that the MUT and more casual crowd don't get the game patched to be more to their liking. The MUT community is very vocal with the devs so we as the sim community need to be at least as vocal as they are to prevent that from happening with 17. When I say vocal I'm talking about constructive meaningful feedback not how much you think the game sucks or that another company can do better, your opinion will not be heard if you do that, trust me, they want to hear our feedback just NOT in that manner.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:12 PM   #24
Rookie

tshokunbi's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Be it on Twitter or wherever, the sim community needs to be more vocal with the devs about things like aggressive catch so that the MUT and more casual crowd don't get the game patched to be more to their liking. The MUT community is very vocal with the devs so we as the sim community need to be at least as vocal as they are to prevent that from happening with 17. When I say vocal I'm talking about constructive meaningful feedback not how much you think the game sucks or that another company can do better, your opinion will not be heard if you do that, trust me, they want to hear our feedback just NOT in that manner.

Just an FYI. The MUT community is just as frustrated with Aggressive catch as the sim community.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »