Home

Rams and Now Eagles With Big Trades Up, Would You Make the Deal?

This is a discussion on Rams and Now Eagles With Big Trades Up, Would You Make the Deal? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2016, 10:30 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anytime I can get 5 more draft picks and only slide back 6 spots in the draft order in the first round I'm making that trade! Even if that means I'm loosing a guy I was eyeing up.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:27 AM   #10
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Re: Rams and Now Eagles With Big Trades Up, Would You Make the Deal?

I can see why the Rams would trade up; they are coming back to Los Angeles; and though it sounds like they are going back to their classic blue and yellow uniforms, that will not happen until the 2019 season, I believe. So what we have with a #1 overall pick, and taking a QB, is the initial merchandise sales and potential future sales, on top of the sales the Rams will get just for moving back home.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:41 PM   #11
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Madden only lets you trade 3 picks/players per deal so sadly these would've been impossible. If Madden made it into the 21st century with trade logic then yeah I would.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2016, 05:54 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

For mega deals to be added into madden. A few other things should be changed

1. QBs arent evenly scattered

2. Later round picks should have more potential than they do now (none)

3. Now that compensatory picks can be traded they need to be include
Old 04-22-2016, 08:53 AM   #13
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

If we are talking strictly in the sense of Madden here, then yes these trades could be beneficial. By that point you have already scouted a few attributes and know their combine totals (and how without a doubt it accurately indicates their skills). There is very little if any room for error on how good a top flight draft pick will be (especially if they are a story player and we all know that Wentz and Goff would be story players).

If you have a solid team but without a doubt need the #1 overall or #2 overall pick and it is really the only player you need at the moment (covered everything else, even temporarily in FA), then I don't see why you wouldn't entertain making the deal, it is still a ridiculous amount and would be more than I would want to give up for something like that (when you could just as easily offer a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and get the same deal, especially if you are only moving down from the 8th overall spot) but why not, it is a solid piece in a big skill position that likely has superstar or at least quick development and you will be able to change all the bad things about them within 3 years. I'll take those odds.

In real life, absolutely no way. The Rams trade is bad enough (they've essentially gotten rid of the top half of the next two drafts just to be able to get the ability to chose first in the draft) but they at least gain the ability to take whichever player they want. The Eagles trade is abysmal however, they have a lot of needs in other positions and a QB is not going to give them a superbowl win and they effectively sold the farm for the Rams leftovers. Even if Goff (which I really think the Rams are taking Wentz) does happen to beat the odds and becomes a star QB that deserved to go #1 overall, it still isn't worth it.

If you were to point out "but that was the whole point of the trade, if he is a star why wouldnt it be worth it". As a Falcons fan I will point out the infamous trade for Julio Jones where the Falcons gave up the farm for him. Now I don't think there is a single person who will dispute that Julio isn't in the top 5 of receivers in the league, not to mention that we also came out on top in that trade (the Browns literally did next to nothing of worth with those picks). However look at what happened to the Falcons the years after those lack of picks. With the inability to draft they suffered severely with the lack of depth. When injuries hit and they started losing players the Falcons had absolutely no recourse and are only now starting to recover from the lack of depth and having to rely on free agency (and that is after we got one of the best players in the league off that trade). Now there is an argument that things would have been just as bad sans-Julio and that we would have drafted a bunch of nobodies, that said there was still potential to draft players who could have helped out and possibly wouldn't have gotten injured.

Now with the Rams and the Eagles we are talking about doing the same thing the Falcons did, only this time it is for the piece that can make or break a team (which the Falcons already had in a decent Matt Ryan). They are both placing bets that both QBs come out on top as the best players in the draft. Luck and RG3 were the most likely candidates for it to be successful and look at how that panned out for the Redskins (and imagine had the Colts gave up all of that for Luck, no Coby Fleener, no TY Hilton, and likely no Dwayne Allen). It didn't pay off for the Falcons, it certainly didn't pay off for the Redskins, and likely the Rams and Eagles will be feeling the effects of this for the next 4 years even if one of them does pan out to be a star QB.

All that to say, in madden, unlikely but at least something I might entertain because you don't have to worry about nagging injuries that effect them over time, consistency issues, weaknesses can be fixed with Xp. There is some but not a ton of downside to this.

In real life however, this was a great move for the Titans and Browns (though as history has proven doesn't necessarily mean they will come out on top). Not so great and even possibly crippling for Rams and Eagles, and that is even if it even happens to pay off with a great player.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:39 PM   #14
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

In Madden terms, no because neither QB is a 90 spd guy, Ramsey would be worth the trade up though. In real life terms, still no, because neither QB is a sure thing. They're just presumably the best of a so-so QB class. To me Cardale Jones will be the only elite level QB this class has to offer and you can get him in the 3rd.
Old 04-23-2016, 11:56 AM   #15
Pro

Madden wise I would cringe at the cpu being able to bet the farm on a single pick. Between the poor drafting logic and roster management as a whole, I see teams trading up for the top qb, cutting him because some free agent is 2 pts higher the the qb they just drafted and rolling for another season with some veteran scrub like Hoyer or whoever.

Check out My Edmonton Oilers Dynasty
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2016, 05:21 AM   #16
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

I would definitely take all those picks and trade down in Madden, but there's no way I trade up like that. QBs are infinitely easier to find in Madden and there's no need to sell the farm like that for one.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »