Home

Sam Bradford Wants Out Of Philadelphia, What Are His Options?

This is a discussion on Sam Bradford Wants Out Of Philadelphia, What Are His Options? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2016, 01:46 PM   #17
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Sam Bradford Wants Out Of Philadelphia, What Are His Options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
We gave him $11 million already this offseason. His only option is to shut up and earn that money.
agreed. As a philly fan here is how i feel about it.

1st off , hated Chip the dip sent Foles away for this guy. I knew it was a huge mistake.

2nd- Then this offseason we over pay this guy ( still dont understand who was smoking crack to give him that deal). A guy who has never ever produced well in the NFL .Dude doesnt deserve half the money we paying him.

3rd- I find it funny , his agent actually let slip the real issue. Sam is affraid ( key word) if he has a bad couple of games , he may lose starting job. Well if you thought you were half as good as your acting like you say ( saying you want to be "the man" for a team) , then be the man , and play. What are you affraid of having a couple of bad games if your so great kid? The fact is, he knows he isnt, and knows what we all know, he is likely to get hurt, or play bad, or both. If i were him, and thought i could play, id go out and prove it this year, so at end of year you can have something good to interest another team in being willing to give you a shot at a long term big deal by producing alot this year.

Instead he over in the corner like a 5 year old kicking and screaming already just because they bringing in another QB. Grow up dude.

Just for those reasons above, as a Philly fan, plus all we have given up to get a QB when this team has numerous needs - Oline,HB,WR,LBS,CBS,Safties.... i say take the cap hit, trade his butt to one of the teams looking for a guy and get a couple draft picks back for him. Sure we eat some cap this year and next. But at least we could add some more young pieces to the team to either help the new QB, or help that aweful defense.This team has too many needs to not have alot of draft picks.We need all we can get. I say move him for a 2nd and 4th and be happy to get two young guys willing to compete.

This team has too many needs to be sitting on this guy , who dont want to be there. Again sure we will be eating that bonus money in cap. But lets be real here, if he gets hurt early in season, guess what ,we still paying him that same money plus his contract for the year, or he plays bad half the year, we lose numerous games due to it , we paying him a ton to do that too. Im happy with finally having a chance to see this mistake gone, eat the money and move forward for the teams sake.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 04-26-2016, 04:04 PM   #18
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
agreed. As a philly fan here is how i feel about it.

1st off , hated Chip the dip sent Foles away for this guy. I knew it was a huge mistake.

2nd- Then this offseason we over pay this guy ( still dont understand who was smoking crack to give him that deal). A guy who has never ever produced well in the NFL .Dude doesnt deserve half the money we paying him.

3rd- I find it funny , his agent actually let slip the real issue. Sam is affraid ( key word) if he has a bad couple of games , he may lose starting job. Well if you thought you were half as good as your acting like you say ( saying you want to be "the man" for a team) , then be the man , and play. What are you affraid of having a couple of bad games if your so great kid? The fact is, he knows he isnt, and knows what we all know, he is likely to get hurt, or play bad, or both. If i were him, and thought i could play, id go out and prove it this year, so at end of year you can have something good to interest another team in being willing to give you a shot at a long term big deal by producing alot this year.

Instead he over in the corner like a 5 year old kicking and screaming already just because they bringing in another QB. Grow up dude.

Just for those reasons above, as a Philly fan, plus all we have given up to get a QB when this team has numerous needs - Oline,HB,WR,LBS,CBS,Safties.... i say take the cap hit, trade his butt to one of the teams looking for a guy and get a couple draft picks back for him. Sure we eat some cap this year and next. But at least we could add some more young pieces to the team to either help the new QB, or help that aweful defense.This team has too many needs to not have alot of draft picks.We need all we can get. I say move him for a 2nd and 4th and be happy to get two young guys willing to compete.

This team has too many needs to be sitting on this guy , who dont want to be there. Again sure we will be eating that bonus money in cap. But lets be real here, if he gets hurt early in season, guess what ,we still paying him that same money plus his contract for the year, or he plays bad half the year, we lose numerous games due to it , we paying him a ton to do that too. Im happy with finally having a chance to see this mistake gone, eat the money and move forward for the teams sake.
Well the broncos are out the mix they called and price was too much.... Only other team would be jets but heck they don't wanna pay Fitzpatrick who wants $17 million.. Bradford's contract is only $1m less so I dont see that happening either.

So his only option is stay put in philly and try to be the "Man" or else get beat out by a rookie or else Daniels.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:52 PM   #19
Rookie

scoobyskyline3's Arena

OVR: 0

The guaranteed money he just got and the fact that the team already said that he is the starter are pretty good reasons why he should just shut up. I felt like that was a stupid resigning to begin with and nobody else would pay a guy who will be 29 halfway through the season and has ONE lone healthy season under his belt.

An outside possibility (howbeit a rare chance) is that the eagles wanted someone else (not a QB) in the draft and the only team moving back at the time were the Browns but Sam didnt allow it to get that far.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:59 PM   #20
Rookie

I don't think Bradford has many viable options. I think he'll only be a backup from here on out.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:38 AM   #21
MVP

mjavon's Arena

I don't think anybody is taking on that cap hit... At least not in the offseason. The only way I see him being traded is if some team that looks like they're in the playoff hunt loses their starting QB, so they make a move for him to save their season. But that's pretty unlikely.

Some are saying he could still start over Wentz this year, but I don't see it. When was the last time a top 5 QB pick didn't start day one? I honestly can't even think of one since Eli sat behind Kurt Warner in New York for like a minute.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »