Home

R.B.I. Baseball 16 Review (Xbox One)

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 16 Review (Xbox One) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2016, 08:15 PM   #9
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 16 Review (Xbox One)

I would honestly give this game closer to a 6 or 7. The fun is in its simplicity and propensity for pickup and play. I already have The Show for my in-depth franchise and gameplay. Right now this title has the perfect balance of arcade fun and JUST enough depth in rosters and modes. To be honest, I don't know if I would own it otherwise. As it stands, I own it on both PS4 and iOS.

Now, give me a way to carry over seasons between those two devices and you'd be on to something.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:04 PM   #10
Rookie

Chris200000's Arena

OVR: 0

can you create teams and players?
Old 04-29-2016, 07:51 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris200000
can you create teams and players?
There's no roster editing aside from moving your players up and down the order and moving them to/from the bench.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 09:36 AM   #12
MLB Games Developer

MLBGames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
There's no roster editing aside from moving your players up and down the order and moving them to/from the bench.
You can also move them between the Active 25-man and the "Reserves", which is the rest of the 40-man roster + 60-day DL who are eligible to be in the game via the MLBPA license.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:21 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBGames
You can also move them between the Active 25-man and the "Reserves", which is the rest of the 40-man roster + 60-day DL who are eligible to be in the game via the MLBPA license.
Speaking of the DL, maybe you guys could add injuries next year? It would be cool to have to juggle your roster after a player goes down with an injury.
Old 05-04-2016, 01:16 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg4075
Speaking of the DL, maybe you guys could add injuries next year? It would be cool to have to juggle your roster after a player goes down with an injury.
I kind of like this idea. Make it very arcade-like.

INJURIES : ON / OFF

And the duration of an injury could be in number of games lost (the injury itself doesn’t even need any specificity, simply “David Wright injured for 7 games”).

What would be a realistic-but-balanced-and-still-fun random chance of an injury? 1 in 100? (9 players per game, 10 with DH = roughly one player injured every 10 games)

How would the game present the injury to the player? During a game, so we’d have to replace him on the spot? After a game? Before?

This would add some interesting depth but, then again, there would have to be some pretty good CPU logic for the other 29 teams to realistically/intelligently substitute for injured players.

The alternative would be for a Pro Evolution Soccer style “player form” mechanic, with the ⬆️ ↗️ ➡️ ↘️ ⬇️ symbols to indicate a player’s condition, but this would also introduce the complexity of variable player ratings (speed, contact, etc.) to the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »