Home

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Arrives in The Vault on May 10 For EA Access Subscribers

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Arrives in The Vault on May 10 For EA Access Subscribers within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2016, 08:46 PM   #9
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Arrives in The Vault on May 10 For EA Access Subscribers

Shocked that it's going to the vault already. Hopefully that doesn't mean the end of post release content... but I suspect it will.

They've done a great job adding to a good game, give them credit for that, but I for one sure hope there's more. They sure gave the impression that there would be more when this was released. I hope that's the case.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:31 AM   #10
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
The Vault is a really awesome deal. I have Fifa 16, NHL 16, Battlefield 4 and Hardline and soon this. All for about 3$ (yearly sub) a month. That is insane value for these games. Plus I get the free trial for UFC 2 and get to play Madden early! This is the best value is gaming bar none.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:32 AM   #11
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Arrives in The Vault on May 10 For EA Access Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Be nice if PS4 would adopt this!!!! So aggrivating I'm stuck seeing Xbox get these games.
Well, look at the bright side... at least you're playing it at 1080p on the PS4, while the XBox One version is at 900p. I had the XBox One version during Early Access and played it the full 10 hours, then I wound up buying the PS4 version when it went on sale for like $15. Not only does the PS4 version look better, I think it plays at a slightly more fluid frame rate also.

Whatever the case though, Rory McIlroy PGA Tour just doesn't do it for me as a game. It's got too many untapped options (no option to turn off the annoying tempo bubble, for example), limited presentation options (a Pro View camera option in which you are rarely able to see the ball, no reverse angle landing view, no third person, offset view of your playing companions playing their shots... all three of these of which are covered brilliantly in Perfect Golf), sterile online tournaments, and no Country Club options.

The course and player graphics are fantastic, but to me the overall play experience is simply uninspiring and unengaging. It has its moments, but doesn't hold a candle to Perfect Golf in terms of the experience of hitting a golf shot with an unconstrained dynamic that's as varied as the real life experience. Sensually, there's no comparison... Perfect Golf walks the dog on RM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 01:39 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3
I actually find the gameplay better than a lot of people but the visuals are definitively a mixed bag. Some textures look great while others are pretty horrible. Player models need a lot of work as well. Hoping they release another game in the future with this engine so they can even things out- would really look spectacular.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:06 PM   #13
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6

This actually took a lot longer to enter the vault than any of the other EA titles currently there. It makes sense for Madden and NHL to hit the vault early as they are going for micro transactions in Ultimate team... give em the game and they may spend more in the Ultimate Team.

Rory has been a work in progress for a while and has no microtransactions as of yet... I sorta hoped they would do some sort of Ultimate Team in it but would have no idea how that would play out.
Tiger 14 (Xbox 360)... Total Online Play Country Club... We have a forum/message board at www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ...one central place for questions, comments, feedback, and general trash talk :) To join, go there and request a spot....
Old 05-05-2016, 01:24 PM   #14
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Shocked that it's going to the vault already. Hopefully that doesn't mean the end of post release content... but I suspect it will.
Looks like more content is coming...this is from the EA forums, posted today:

HANDSWARD wrote:
We are in the cert process. Probably have it out next week. I would share details but there is a blog, so I don't want to steal marketing's thunder. Once they share the blog (I have no timetable on that yet) I can talk about what is in the patch.

Hint: We messed with career and there is probably a new course.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:28 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Looks like more content is coming...this is from the EA forums, posted today:

HANDSWARD wrote:
We are in the cert process. Probably have it out next week. I would share details but there is a blog, so I don't want to steal marketing's thunder. Once they share the blog (I have no timetable on that yet) I can talk about what is in the patch.

Hint: We messed with career and there is probably a new course.
Looks like the Update has dropped for XOne.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2016, 07:43 PM   #16
Banned

Looks like it is not THE update yet. It is apparently just the new course, Banff. Hopefully there is more coming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »