Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Update 1.09 Available Now, Here Are the Details

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Update 1.09 Available Now, Here Are the Details within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2016, 12:30 PM   #1
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Update 1.09 Available Now, Here Are the Details

The Rory McIlroy PGA Tour May Update (1.09) is now available, just in time for Xbox One EA Access subscribers to check it out.

Below are the details on the update:
  • Various Oakmont fixes.
  • Various play now game mode fixes.
  • Added more audio lines to generic audio buckets.
  • Added more audio lines for specific licensed golfers.
  • Updated Career to have the 3 Licensed Major Tournaments rotate the course that is played in each season
    • U.S. Open will rotate between Chambers Bay and Oakmont.
    • The Open Championship will rotate between St. Andrews and Royal Troon.
    • PGA Championship will rotate between Whistling Straits and Quail Hollow.
  • Converted Oakmont to have U.S. Open structures when in Play Now.
  • Converted Royal Troon to have Open Championship structures when in Play Now.
  • Converted Quail Hollow to have PGA Championship structures when in Play Now.
In addition to these fixes and adjustments, Banff Springs is now a playable course in the game.

What do you think of the changes? Let us know in the comments!
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One

Last edited by Steve_OS; 05-10-2016 at 12:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2016, 01:29 PM   #2
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Update 1.09 Available Now, Here Are the Details

A new course is awesome, especially one as scenic as Banff Springs. Can't wait to see it with the current gen graphics.

Rotating majors is a big plus for me, but I know most folks will be underwhelmed by the career mode improvements. I'm a little (pleasantly) surprised that they are having Quail Hollow host the PGA in-game, since it's hosting it in 2017.

Of course I would have liked more equipment/apparel, but I do understand the limitations of getting that.

I think this is a decent update, and likely the final one. I am confident in saying that I will enjoy RMPGAT as it is for the next year or so.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:35 PM   #3
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

YESSS!!!

I've been crying for Banff Springs since release!!

I can't wait to go home and pop this in and check it out. I love that course, and suspect it looks incredibly amazing!

As for the other changes... Props to EA again. They've delivered nicely post launch as promised. Rotating the majors will be a nice addition to Career.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:35 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I actually just added this to my collection. Not sure how the game was before any of the patches, but I absolutely love this game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-10-2016, 01:35 PM   #5
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

Did we know we were getting another course after Oakmont? I either missed that announcement, or everyone else is just as surprised as I am. I saw the content update on the PS4 this morning, but I just figured it was minor fixes. A new course is fantastic, and it will make the game even better. I know a lot of people wanted the major courses to rotate too, so a lot of people (including myself) will enjoy that.

I've mostly just played this game in play now mode up to this point, and I've only played the career mode a little here and there. With the addition of yet another course, however, I think it's time for me to finally begin my journey through the schedule!

Kudos to the dev team on this little surprise, and I can't wait to play this course this evening!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2016, 01:45 PM   #6
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash13
Did we know we were getting another course after Oakmont? I either missed that announcement, or everyone else is just as surprised as I am. I saw the content update on the PS4 this morning, but I just figured it was minor fixes. A new course is fantastic, and it will make the game even better. I know a lot of people wanted the major courses to rotate too, so a lot of people (including myself) will enjoy that.

I've mostly just played this game in play now mode up to this point, and I've only played the career mode a little here and there. With the addition of yet another course, however, I think it's time for me to finally begin my journey through the schedule!

Kudos to the dev team on this little surprise, and I can't wait to play this course this evening!
One of the devs made an announcement on the EA forums in the last week or two that a new course and career mode updates were coming. They couldn't give any specifics because there was supposed to be a blog released about the update.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 05-10-2016 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:16 PM   #7
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

Oh, okay. I don't visit the official EA Forums much. Either way, it's a nice surprise for sure!

Maybe they'll release one more to bring the total number of courses to 20. The current list is pretty darn good now, but it'd be cool if they released one more big one. Maybe Firestone (WGC Event), Bethpage Black (1st Playoff Event), or Hazeltine (Ryder Cup). I'll be happy with what we have, but something about the number 20 just makes it sound better. Haha
Old 05-10-2016, 02:21 PM   #8
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

I would love to see more content added (*cough* Erin Hills in time for next year's US Open *cough*), but I feel that this might be it. Especially since it's now on EA Access.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »