Home

Does Steph Curry Justify Greater Than an 99 Overall Rating?

This is a discussion on Does Steph Curry Justify Greater Than an 99 Overall Rating? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2016, 02:13 PM   #17
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does Steph Curry Justify Greater Than an 99 Overall Rating?

No absolutely not. Curry also missed his first nine attempts from three in this game. Curry goes on these scoring droughts more often than people care to admit. It's just that he tends to step up by making impossible shots when his team needs it most. Maybe 2k needs to give him the wildcard badge idk.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:26 PM   #18
MVP

tru11's Arena

he deserves the best shooting ratings.

thats about it though and should not warrant a 99 overall.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:37 PM   #19
Rookie

AmGroot's Arena

No. Nobody should be over 99 overall and there should be more 99 overalls relative to position. Also, 2K should have 100 ratings for attributes like Madden once had in their regular mode. Examples: Curry with 100 Standing 3PT and 100 Moving 3PT, Shaq or Wilt with 100 Strength, Kareem with 100 Post Hook, etc.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:06 PM   #20
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

No. Like Phreezy said, Curry's stats are already wildly overrated. Not saying he's not fast or not a good defender, but 2K shows clear favoritism off of his popularity (and others—Kyrie anyone?).

It just wouldn't make sense to have Curry be marked as one of the best players ever in 2K. It goes against real life standards since he's not exactly the best PLAYER in the league (MVP or not, imo) and goes against 2K's so-called "Hall-of-Fame" scale the same year they introduce it. Curry is the best shooter ever, but overall he is nowhere near comparable to other elite guards in NBA history like Jordan or Magic, other elite top players of all time, or even LeBron of today's NBA.

But I wouldn't be surprised. Curry, after all, is ALL the hype in the NBA. He's the face. So why would not have him OVER a 99, over some of the greatest players in NBA history? Let's not make these comparisons. He may be amazing as of these last two seasons, but that does not make him better than the players who have had amazing success in their whole careers past a few peaking years. So in 2K, don't deem him better than the players who have had amazing success in their whole careers past a few peaking years.

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2016, 03:36 PM   #21
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2016, 03:39 PM   #22
Rookie

2k should implement a rating called "range". that and the 3point rating would determine how good a player shoots from way beyond the 3 point line. e.g. if you would have player with a 90+ 3 point rating, but only 50 in range. would basically mean that he is awesome from behind the arc, but his range is limited. curry would be a 99/99 player, so you could actually shoot with him from way beyond the 3 point line to mirror his real life performances.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:52 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 5

Why does so many players have limitless range? Shouldn't that just be Stephs badge? It would set him apart a little. I just gave myself a idea. I'm going to remove limitless range for all players but Steph. Maybe a few will get bronze.

Last edited by haloofduty; 05-10-2016 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:09 PM   #24
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloofduty
Why does so many players have limitless range? Shouldn't that just be Stephs badge? It would set him apart a little. I just gave myself a idea. I'm going to remove limitless range for all players but Steph. Maybe a few will get bronze.
Gotta give that to Dame Lillard as well. Dude is a beast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »