Home

Steph Curry Will Have an Overall 99 Rating For 30 Hours, Starting May 12 at 6PM ET

This is a discussion on Steph Curry Will Have an Overall 99 Rating For 30 Hours, Starting May 12 at 6PM ET within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2016, 06:22 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Steph Curry Will Have an Overall 99 Rating For 30 Hours, Starting May 12 at 6PM ET

Steph Curry will have an overall 99 rating for 30 hours, starting May 12 at 6PM ET, making him the greatest shooter in NBA 2K history. The update will also unlock a brand new MVP colorway of the Curry Two's in the game. Check out the screenshots here.

STEPHEN CURRY EARNS TOP LEAGUE HONOR FOR SECOND STRAIGHT YEAR

Under Armour Celebrates Curry’s Second Consecutive Kia NBA MVP Award with NBA 2K16 and Limited Edition Back-to-Back Shoe Pack

Stephen Curry’s impression on the sport of basketball is a lesson in the power of perseverance, through sheer will and hard work. In the 2014-2015 season, we thought we saw pinnacle Curry, as he broke the three-point season record, claimed the 2014-15 Kia NBA MVP Award, and captured his first Larry O’Brien World Championship trophy. Then during the 2015-2016 season, he helped to lead the Warriors to the single-season record for wins, shattered his own three-point record, led the league in scoring, and joined the prestigious 50-40-90 shooting club en route to the 2015-16 Kia NBA Most Valuable Player Award, presented today.

Stephen is the 11th player (third point guard) in league history to earn the award in back-to-back seasons.

“Stephen Curry’s impact on the game of basketball is immeasurable,” said Kip Fulks, Chief Marketing Officer, Under Armour. “His game, coupled with his WILL to dominate, is unlike anything we’ve ever seen in the NBA. Stephen’s cultural reach off the court is equally transcendent. At Under Armour we are thrilled and humbled to be alongside Stephen on this journey, and look forward to his continued perseverance in making himself a better athlete every single day.”

In the 2015-2016 season, Stephen was not only the first player ever to hit 300 three-pointers in a season, but he also incredibly reached the 400 mark in April. Over the course of the year, people marveled at his ability to hit shots; off the dribble, in traffic, and from incredible distance, with many dubbing him otherworldly in a way that couldn’t even be replicated in video games.

To celebrate his accomplishments, Under Armour is teaming up with 2K Sports and the preeminent simulation basketball video game, NBA 2K16, to honor this achievement by returning Stephen’s character to the game with a 99 overall rating making him the all-time highest shooter ever for an exclusive 30-hour window this week.

Beginning at 3 pm PST / 6 pm EST on Thursday, May 12, NBA 2K16 players will be able to download a roster update that brings Stephen’s rating to 99 for 30 continuous hours, a reference to his jersey number. The update will also unlock a brand new MVP colorway of the Curry Two in game, which will be an equippable shoe going forward. To promote Stephen’s rating update, a video, created by Under Armour and advertising agency Droga5 titled “The New Level,” can be viewed here.

In addition to the NBA 2K16 roster update, Under Armour is celebrating Stephen’s outstanding achievement with the re-release of the Curry One MVP and a new Curry Two MVP colorway. The Curry MVP Back 2 Back Pack commemorates the signature footwear Stephen wore in back-to-back MVP seasons. Pre-orders are live now on UA.com, and will be available at Under Armour Brand Houses and select retailers nationwide on June 24. Images of the footwear can be found here. A graphic t-shirt is also available now on UA.com.

Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2016, 06:32 PM   #2
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Steph Curry Will Have an Overall 99 Rating For 30 Hours, Starting May 12 at 6PM E

Looks like I won't be playing for 30 hours.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:35 PM   #3
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Steph Curry will have an overall 99 rating for 30 hours, starting May 12 at 6PM E

Which ratings are they going to put up to make him 99? Defence, athleticism, rebounding, playmaking? Sounds like a Pink Diamond card from 2K15 but for ranked lol
Old 05-10-2016, 07:02 PM   #4
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

He's going to be insane in 2K17. He deserves all of this. The best season I've ever seen.

Hopefully, AI Curry plays more like real-life Curry in 2K17. Would love trying to guard him in MyCareer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 05-10-2016, 07:15 PM   #5
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Steph Curry Will Have an Overall 99 Rating For 30 Hours, Starting May 12 at 6PM E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
He's going to be insane in 2K17. He deserves all of this. The best season I've ever seen.

Hopefully, AI Curry plays more like real-life Curry in 2K17. Would love trying to guard him in MyCareer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the same could be said about a lot of players. Many players don't play like themselves unfortunately. Steph would be a nightmare if to guard if he actually did, and rightly so.

Last edited by Mbunn1993; 05-11-2016 at 04:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2016, 07:20 PM   #6
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

They couldn't make a 30 OVR rated Curry for 99 hours?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2016, 07:56 PM   #7
Pro

LoL ^^ @ this move, but i won't complain too much since i won't be playing. I am done with this one of most-arcade 2K titles ever and their 'all time great' rating system that went through the window sometimes after Xmas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 05-10-2016, 09:09 PM   #8
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Honestly what is the point of making him a 99 for 30 hours? I get it's his number and he won MVP but I don't really understand this move at all.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »