Home

NBA Live Committed to Consoles - Shipping in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobile

This is a discussion on NBA Live Committed to Consoles - Shipping in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobile within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2016, 09:02 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live Committed to Consoles - Shipping in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobil

committed to consoles but the focus is on mobile.. that doesn't sound good.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:10 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live Committed to Consoles - Shipping in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobil

Too bad. Live 10 will always be a top 10 game of all time for me and Live 16 is a solid game with Pro Am being a must play for any basketball fan. It's just a few years too late with 14 and start of 15 being flat out terrible and I don't see Fran mode ever getting on the level of 2k

I hope they don't give up on pro am. Most fun I've had in a while and really rewards sim basketball along with casual. Almost at 300 wins and 200 losses.

Last edited by Nemesis Enforcer; 05-10-2016 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:15 PM   #19
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Anyone remember Jesus Bynum?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJwXBw86g30

I don't really get this move by the Live team, they say they care and all the right things but then hardly support NBA Live 16. Their whole business plan doesn't make much sense to me, I truly believe they should just scrap this franchise and focus on something else.

Go the NBA Street route and make a new one of those, maybe make a Pro-Am focused game as well since that was fairly decent in Live 16. I know some of you in here actually believe this was a good game this year but it's the same 10 or so of you talking.

I'd really like for NBA Live to get it together for competition sake but that's about it at this point, it's always wait until next year or we are almost there...that was 2, 3, 4 years ago. We are still relatively in the same spot IMHO. They have made some improvements but not anywhere near enough for a AAA Franchise.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 05-10-2016, 09:31 PM   #20
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

I understand some people's optimism about the news, how the extra time gives more time for the dev team to deliver a better product, however, how can they be so sure that they'll release a great game because of it? It feels like 2010 again with the delay to early next year, to then a cancellation and then who know's what's going to happen.

This isn't great news for EA nor the basketball gaming community. Live's brand and perception is at an all-time low, people don't trust EA, don't care about Live and don't think they could ever recover since their downfall with Elite 11.

I believe that at best they'll release a PSN/Xbox Live game with little to no modes (LUT and Pro-Am basically), some improvements in gameplay, and at a reduced price, kinda like Live 13 was going to be (since it makes little sense to release a fully-fledged game with not so much time until the next release). They could release the game along the All-Star Weekend or close to the beginning of the playoffs when the interest of the season starts to peak.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:50 PM   #21
Rookie

StillFunkyB's Arena

OVR: 3
I had never seen the Jesus Bynum. That was funny. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2016, 10:01 PM   #22
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

Just give up EA Sports, its over as far as basketball is concerned. They might as well scrap the Live franchise and bring back baseball. It can't sell any worse than Live and they have the Xbox market all to themselves.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:27 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 9

Yeah. Disappointed before the game is even announced. By the time it gets released I will probably be knee deep in the other game or even the mobile version if it turns out better than the current one to even consider Live 17.

Is it going to be too little too late? Or are they going to take advantage of the potential extra time to add depth to the game and have features that have the user base have been requesting for 3 years?
Old 05-10-2016, 11:37 PM   #24
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

I will say this news kinda upsets me, as I really enjoyed LIVE this year.

Oh well I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »