Home

NBA 2K16's Sixth Patch Finally Balances MyPark and Pro-Am

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16's Sixth Patch Finally Balances MyPark and Pro-Am within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2016, 01:22 PM   #17
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K16's Sixth Patch Finally Balances MyPark and Pro-Am

My experience and 2 cents.

This is my first year playing MyPark/ Pro Am. Traditionally have been an NBA Today/Play now online dabbler. I liked the way online felt this year as far as the lag/responsiveness so I got into it alot more than the past. In 2k15 i probably played ten park games, this year I played about 800 so far.

I hate MyCareer. I just dont have fun with the idea of sticking myself into the current NBA, and Id rather play with real NBA teams and control all 5 players. Again, personal preference.

When i liked what I saw in the park this year, i bought 20 dollars of VC during a sale and was able to get my OVR right up to an 88. Yes i bought my way to an 88. Not ashamed of this because my time is valuable, and I dont want to spend my limited gaming time grinding through mycareer if i dont get enjoyment out of that mode.

At this point my 88 overall 6'7 SF can compete with anyone, even with zero badges. I do wish that the online modes gave you the ability to earn badges. In a way I think earning them against real competition online should count for more, in MYCareer you can adjust the difficulty and exploit that to get badges if I'm not mistaken. If i want to create a Myplayer specifically for online use, Id like to have the shot to earn badges.

I dont like thats its tied to a mode (my career) I have no interest in playing. Heck, I wouldnt mind grinding my way up through the park to get my OVR up as well. I bought my way to an 88 because I dont want to play MyCareer, and thats the only vehicle to increase my OVR/earn badges.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:36 PM   #18
Trequartista

10's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxpinke
My experience and 2 cents.

This is my first year playing MyPark/ Pro Am. Traditionally have been an NBA Today/Play now online dabbler. I liked the way online felt this year as far as the lag/responsiveness so I got into it alot more than the past. In 2k15 i probably played ten park games, this year I played about 800 so far.

I hate MyCareer. I just dont have fun with the idea of sticking myself into the current NBA, and Id rather play with real NBA teams and control all 5 players. Again, personal preference.

When i liked what I saw in the park this year, i bought 20 dollars of VC during a sale and was able to get my OVR right up to an 88. Yes i bought my way to an 88. Not ashamed of this because my time is valuable, and I dont want to spend my limited gaming time grinding through mycareer if i dont get enjoyment out of that mode.

At this point my 88 overall 6'7 SF can compete with anyone, even with zero badges. I do wish that the online modes gave you the ability to earn badges. In a way I think earning them against real competition online should count for more, in MYCareer you can adjust the difficulty and exploit that to get badges if I'm not mistaken. If i want to create a Myplayer specifically for online use, Id like to have the shot to earn badges.

I dont like thats its tied to a mode (my career) I have no interest in playing. Heck, I wouldnt mind grinding my way up through the park to get my OVR up as well. I bought my way to an 88 because I dont want to play MyCareer, and thats the only vehicle to increase my OVR/earn badges.

Pretty much my exact thoughts and what I did. I'd rather spend $20 than grind through mycareer. It wouldn't be fun for me even if I wasn't trying to grind for vc or badges. Having the two tied together is one of those things that 2k does that makes zero sense. Mypark and pro am are great ideas and outside of how you develop your player are implemented fairly well.

For me it would be a much better if say every time you hit a milestone in park (100 assists, rebounds, etc.) you got a +1 to that rating. Starting out at a 55 or 60 is crazy too. Starting in the mid to high 70's and building from there would be more fun. It'll never happen but vc should be removed entirely from a mode that's supposed to be competitive and on an even playing field, especially if they're going towards e-sports in the future. As stated in the article this is done in no other e-sport for a reason.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:37 PM   #19
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

I will say that I made a 6 foot 7 PG yesterday and I'm loving it. Previously I only had a 7 foot 1 center.

I would make my PG taller if I could, not to cheese the game but because I want a Magic Johnson clone since he's my all-time favorite.

I did go with an outside PG just because of the importance of shooting in the Park, the badge grind is gonna be real but I'm excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco

Last edited by KingTocco; 05-13-2016 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:14 PM   #20
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Great write up!!! Hit every point of why I don't play those modes!
Old 05-13-2016, 05:35 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2
All anyone ever does is complain about this game. Instead of adapting or learning how to do things, people complain to the devs. The game ends of being completely different from when it first came out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2016, 06:37 PM   #22
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by riichiieriich
All anyone ever does is complain about this game. Instead of adapting or learning how to do things, people complain to the devs. The game ends of being completely different from when it first came out.
Yes, but in this circumstance the complaints were valid. It didn't come down to adaptation. Speed boosts are defendable. Breakstarter was a little OP, but get someone back after a shot goes up.

The problem is that the current Meta revolved around those two, or dealing with them. No diversity in styles.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 05-13-2016, 10:04 PM   #23
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10
Pretty much my exact thoughts and what I did. I'd rather spend $20 than grind through mycareer. It wouldn't be fun for me even if I wasn't trying to grind for vc or badges. Having the two tied together is one of those things that 2k does that makes zero sense. Mypark and pro am are great ideas and outside of how you develop your player are implemented fairly well.

For me it would be a much better if say every time you hit a milestone in park (100 assists, rebounds, etc.) you got a +1 to that rating. Starting out at a 55 or 60 is crazy too. Starting in the mid to high 70's and building from there would be more fun. It'll never happen but vc should be removed entirely from a mode that's supposed to be competitive and on an even playing field, especially if they're going towards e-sports in the future. As stated in the article this is done in no other e-sport for a reason.
Is it bad that I agree ? I grinded out a 6'11 PF inside earning all VC and badges just to find out I don't like him. So I've bought VC multiple times after that. The grind is too time consuming for me now.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 05-14-2016, 05:48 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Is it bad that I agree ? I grinded out a 6'11 PF inside earning all VC and badges just to find out I don't like him. So I've bought VC multiple times after that. The grind is too time consuming for me now.
No, it's not bad at all. To be honest, the people that disagree tend to have no wife, kids, and/or job. Otherwise they'd realize that some people simply want to play online with the precious hour or two that they can get during the day/week, and don't have time trying to grind all year for VC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »