Home

FIFA Ultimate Team: How to Make a Great Mode Even Better

This is a discussion on FIFA Ultimate Team: How to Make a Great Mode Even Better within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2016, 09:51 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
FIFA Ultimate Team: How to Make a Great Mode Even Better

Right around 2010, EA Sports’ FIFA series finally began to gain steam after years of, what some might call, mediocrity. It was during this time EA stumbled upon a gold mine of a feature. It was implemented as a simple add-on midway through the lifespan of FIFA 09, and it transformed the way we would consume sports games in the years to come. That add-on was, of course, Ultimate Team.

It has since been incorporated into most of EA Sports’ properties, generating vast profits for the company in the process. The FIFA series is where it all began, and where it arguably still thrives the most. There’s a vast number of players who buy FIFA on a yearly basis and play nothing but Ultimate Team, spending countless sums of money or in-game cash to acquire the best players.

Yet, as engulfing and addictive an experience as Ultimate Team continues to be, the mode could benefit from improvements. People will continue to spend big money and devote themselves to the mode regardless, but minor changes could make it even more intriguing for those who don't currently believe the hype.

Read More - FIFA Ultimate Team: How to Make a Great Mode Even Better
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2016, 10:32 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 19
Re: FIFA Ultimate Team: How to Make a Great Mode Even Better

Improve the value of the packs. If I spend 25,000 points on some super special pack, I expect to get an equal or better amount of value/talent. I'm sick of paying the hard won currency to get lesser talent. I bought packs looking to upgrade my team. Instead, I end up quick selling the majority of the players in the awful packs I buy.

When players are gifted, you are unable to resell them. This seems unfair, as well.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:13 AM   #3
Pro

DirectFX's Arena

OVR: 12
Sorry to say it but I'm with the group of career mode die yards who have seen the game be ruined because of this exact feature. I wish they would remove UT as the game has turned into Pokemon with player cards and it just is to arcadey to the real diehards. There are so many who go all out each year and cheese/cheat like crazy taking the little fun out. The mode also is horrible because everyone will use the exact same players vs each other kind of pointless. There is no league, Europa League, Champions League, academy, normal transfers , be a pro, career mode or club play its nothing authentic at all. In the end it's a big sinkhole for $ and whoever spends the most gets to win at arcade FIFA / Pokemon. I vote for all EA sports to remove UT from games and put em all together in game called UT as a stand alone so real sports games can get more attention to the modes that got us hooked back in the day n still play though EA doesn't update these modes as much with UT cash cow taking resources away. Long live career, dynasty, be a pro, club online and Coach/Manager modes !
Old 05-17-2016, 09:01 AM   #4
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Please stop with the FUT. PLEASE stop. We've had that stuffed down our throats too much, already. It's time for Career Mode improvement!
#WeAreND

Last edited by PPerfect_CJ; 05-17-2016 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:31 PM   #5
Trequartista

10's Arena

OVR: 0

You two post the same (wrong) points every chance possible. The fact that EA hasn't taken the massive profits from UT to improve other modes is 100% on them. Call it pokemon all you want it's still more fun than career mode. CM was bad before UT and it's bad now. What was the problem then? UT should be a good thing for every mode. More money=more resources.

I'm not a "real die hard" like you guys but suggesting the most popular mode in the game be turned into a different game completely seems like a bad idea for literally the exact reasons you were arguing against. Creating an entirely new game just for UT would take more time/resources and they would probably add more to it to make it better as a stand alone game.

Would you pay $60 for CM and 2 other modes that haven't been touched in years? Do you actually believe that would magically make CM better?

It's stupid because it's like pokemon isn't a valid complaint. Posts like yours add nothing of value here for several reasons. There's plenty of places to post your opinions or wish lists. Surprisingly a post for possible additions to FUT isn't one of them. If nothing else at least be respectful to the person who took time to make this write up and take a break from your same copied and pasted responses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2016, 01:38 PM   #6
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10
You two post the same (wrong) points every chance possible. The fact that EA hasn't taken the massive profits from UT to improve other modes is 100% on them. Call it pokemon all you want it's still more fun than career mode. CM was bad before UT and it's bad now. What was the problem then? UT should be a good thing for every mode. More money=more resources.

I'm not a "real die hard" like you guys but suggesting the most popular mode in the game be turned into a different game completely seems like a bad idea for literally the exact reasons you were arguing against. Creating an entirely new game just for UT would take more time/resources and they would probably add more to it to make it better as a stand alone game.

Would you pay $60 for CM and 2 other modes that haven't been touched in years? Do you actually believe that would magically make CM better?

It's stupid because it's like pokemon isn't a valid complaint. Posts like yours add nothing of value here for several reasons. There's plenty of places to post your opinions or wish lists. Surprisingly a post for possible additions to FUT isn't one of them. If nothing else at least be respectful to the person who took time to make this write up and take a break from your same copied and pasted responses.
No offense, but you're definitely in the minority around here, bud.
#WeAreND
Old 05-17-2016, 01:52 PM   #7
Trequartista

10's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
No offense, but you're definitely in the minority around here, bud.

Agreed but that doesn't change any part of my post. When's the last time an ea sports game had even a decent offline career mode in the last 10 years? Maybe Madden once or twice? This year fifa did add time and resources to a few aspects of CM like transfers and training. How many people are happy about the result? Their biggest addition to FUT (draft) isn't even done that well. Other games like 2K and The Show have found a way to have both modes be good.

Since the majority of people here are offline players how is FUT being stuffed down your throat on OS?

No offense to either of you but it's unnecessary to post the same thing over and over again. We get it, it's pokemon for little kids and only real fans and die hards play CM.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:06 PM   #8
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10
Agreed but that doesn't change any part of my post. When's the last time an ea sports game had even a decent offline career mode in the last 10 years? Maybe Madden once or twice? This year fifa did add time and resources to a few aspects of CM like transfers and training. How many people are happy about the result? Their biggest addition to FUT (draft) isn't even done that well. Other games like 2K and The Show have found a way to have both modes be good.

Since the majority of people here are offline players how is FUT being stuffed down your throat on OS?

No offense to either of you but it's unnecessary to post the same thing over and over again. We get it, it's pokemon for little kids and only real fans and die hards play CM.
I'll CONTINUE to post about this over and over. If there's even a SMALL chance that it may help to get something changed, I feel obligated to do so. I just wish some of the people working on FIFA would come and take a look at some of the suggestions around here the way the guys at 2K and The Show do. Career Mode would improve drastically.
#WeAreND

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »