Home

FIFA Ultimate Team: How to Make a Great Mode Even Better

This is a discussion on FIFA Ultimate Team: How to Make a Great Mode Even Better within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2016, 02:21 PM   #9
Trequartista

10's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA Ultimate Team: How to Make a Great Mode Even Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
I'll CONTINUE to post about this over and over. If there's even a SMALL chance that it may help to get something changed, I feel obligated to do so. I just wish some of the people working on FIFA would come and take a look at some of the suggestions around here the way the guys at 2K and The Show do. Career Mode would improve drastically.

I'm not saying to never voice your opinion that they need to focus more on CM because I agree with you. But at the same time if someone from EA was to read this thread what would be their takeaway? It's turning into pokemon so we should remove it?

What I am saying is to at least post some real constructive criticism that goes beyond it's stupid and I don't like it. There are a lot of great things posted on here that should absolutely be taken seriously and maybe even added to the game. The ones you guys constantly make don't fall into that category.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:50 PM   #10
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10
I'm not saying to never voice your opinion that they need to focus more on CM because I agree with you. But at the same time if someone from EA was to read this thread what would be their takeaway? It's turning into pokemon so we should remove it?

What I am saying is to at least post some real constructive criticism that goes beyond it's stupid and I don't like it. There are a lot of great things posted on here that should absolutely be taken seriously and maybe even added to the game. The ones you guys constantly make don't fall into that category.
MY criticism is that all they care about is FUT, coins, and packs. They don't put an effort into anything that doesn't make them side cash. If you doubt that, you don't have to take my word for it, just go and take a look at their twitter account. They make it painfully obvious. I just want to play a game about the sport I love without it completely turning into Fantasy Football.
#WeAreND

Last edited by PPerfect_CJ; 05-17-2016 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:32 PM   #11
Trequartista

10's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
MY criticism is that all they care about is FUT, coins, and packs. They don't put an effort into anything that doesn't make them side cash. If you doubt that, you don't have to take my word for it, just go and take a look at their twitter account. They make it painfully obvious. I just want to play a game about the sport I love without it completely turning into Fantasy Football.

My criticism is that they've made a subpar game long before ultimate team and have continued to do so after it. The addition of ultimate team and the huge amount of revenue it has added should have been a huge factor in correcting this but it hasn't. Seeing people say they focus on ultimate team so the rest of the game is bad ignores that they've been putting out subpar games for years. Their Twitter is also filled night and day with people complaining about ultimate team and very little else. 2K's is mostly the same and they put out a pretty great offline experience this year.

The majority of people that play fifa play ultimate team as their primary mode. Why do you believe they should spend an equal amount of focus or resources on CM?

Again, I completely agree that CM needs dramatic improvements as does more than a few areas of gameplay. I play this game more than any other game I own because I love the sport like you. I do this knowing full well all of its shortcomings. If career mode was better I'd play it. As it stands it's bland, uninteresting, and very underwhelming considering the resources and experience of the company making it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2016, 02:24 PM   #12
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7
Here's what they need to do,,,

Make FUT Draft free just like MUT Draft. No reason it should cost 15k coins or 300 ($3) to play a FUT draft.

Solo Challenges- Again MUT is superior in every way. Give us MUT style challenges to complete to grind our way towards packs and or players.

Gauntlets- Once again Something MUT does, There are so many teams and Leagues in FIFA, utilize them in FUT. Create a gauntlet of beating every single team in the game increasing the difficulty for the top leagues and give a reward.

Weekly Challenges- Again Something MUT does. They give out contracts and collectibles toward an end of season reward to keep players coming back.

This first four things are all things madden does to make the game grindible for players who don't have a ton of cash to spend on the game. You can acquire players, packs and collectibles and either use or sell them on the market to better your team. The solo grind aspect of FIFA is non-existent. Solo seasons and Touney's are a joke. FUT just feels like a greedy cash grab where MUT at least offers you ways to grind your team.

More things they can do.

Collections- Like MUT draft badges or the TOTW collectibles. Earn a certain amount of something to acquire a great player would be awesome.

More Types of Cards- FUT does one thing great. And that is keep up to date with special cards for MOTM, Record Breakers, ect. But why not have throwback cards? Like a 2006 Ronaldo or something like that.

Kit and Logo Creation- This is the best part of NBA2k My team and MLB the Show Diamond Dynasty. Creating your own logos and uniforms.

As a player who spends 90% of his time in Manager Career, if they added the solo aspects of MUT into FUT, I would play a helluva a lot more FUT. But all FUT seems to me is a F2P money grab type of mobile game right now.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:25 PM   #13
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucianoJJ
Improve the value of the packs. If I spend 25,000 points on some super special pack, I expect to get an equal or better amount of value/talent. I'm sick of paying the hard won currency to get lesser talent. I bought packs looking to upgrade my team. Instead, I end up quick selling the majority of the players in the awful packs I buy.

When players are gifted, you are unable to resell them. This seems unfair, as well.
That will never happen. That is what every sports game does, not just FIFA. They will never guarantee pack odds.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:10 PM   #14
Rookie

Recon's Arena

FUT = #*?* Ultimate Team

FUT should be separate from FIFA 17. It should be be a free to play download like World of Tanks where people can spend all their money.

Franchise has taken a back seat for far to long.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:05 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon
FUT = #*?* Ultimate Team

FUT should be separate from FIFA 17. It should be be a free to play download like World of Tanks where people can spend all their money.

Franchise has taken a back seat for far to long.
All I can say is ditto.

"What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death"
-Dave Barry
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2016, 07:57 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

They should cater to the Manual Control users more. I would like to play the mode, but I won't play it against those who have the advantage of assisted controls.

Manual Cup? I would be all in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »