Home

MLB, Just Like The Show, Concerned About Time It Takes to Finish A Game

This is a discussion on MLB, Just Like The Show, Concerned About Time It Takes to Finish A Game within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2016, 04:31 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB, Just Like The Show, Concerned About Time It Takes to Finish A Game

Last year, the creators of MLB The Show went all in on making sure you could finish a game of The Show in a reasonable amount of time. The results since then have been a streamlined experience with the ability to play through games at a pretty fast pace.

The folks at Major League Baseball are similarly concerned with the pace of play, as games this year are taking about four minutes longer on average than they were last year.

Quote:
"Baseball games are getting longer this season, though. According to ESPN, the length of average MLB game in 2016 has stretched three hours and 26 seconds. That doesn't sound like a huge increase, but when you add four minutes to 2,430 games a year in the regular season, it adds up to an additional 6.83 days worth of baseball. If you watch all 162 games of a given team, a four-minute increase per game adds up to 10.8 hours over the course of a season."

The pace of play in baseball is something which is always an interesting debate. Pitch clocks have been instituted in the minor leagues with great results at shortening the game.

Another change the MLB may look at include limiting the amount of mound visits which can be made during the course of a game.

The latter two proposals both could have big impacts on how you play The Show in the future. What do you think? Does baseball need to change the rules to speed up to the pace of play?
Platform: PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2016, 04:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Yeah but for a true baseball fan (like me) and sports fan in general the longer a game lasts for me the better. I don't want games to end.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:40 PM   #3
Rookie

Airfaron23's Arena

Re: MLB, Just Like The Show, Concerned About Time It Takes to Finish A Game

Let's see some quick pitching in real life!
... Sorry I couldn't resist

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

MLB: St. Louis Cardinals
NFL: Kansas City Chiefs
Old 05-17-2016, 04:47 PM   #4
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

In my opinion, I wish they would just leave it alone (both MLB and Thein the Show) I don't watch or play a game of baseball because I'm in a hurry. When I'm at the park with a cold beer, hot dog and a score book, I have NEVER thought "this game is just taking too long"

I am the same way with The Show. I never jump scenes, fast forward thru innings. I just want to relax and enjoy a game of baseball. I even just put the controller down at times just so the idle animations will play.

There is enough, hurry up, instant gratification and self entitlement in the world today. Leave it out of Baseball.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:49 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Maybe don't spend 10 minutes trying to figure out multiple replay challenges? Call it inconclusive, call stands after 3 or so if there's no clear resolution.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2016, 04:53 PM   #6
Rookie

There is a middle ground of what major sports leagues should do to make fans happy. NBA isn't doing enough with adding those bull**** ads to the jerseys which makes me want to stop watching forever.

MLB needs to not worry about the length of a game. Whatever amount of time a game takes is just fine. People need to stop complaining. Quit tinkering with everything.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:16 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 19
I dont remember the last time I watched an entire regular season baseball game.
Baseball is one of those few sports that stats can tell the entire story of a game. looking at box scores, expanded stats, and reading recaps is enough.

when it comes to the show 29 game seasons is enough for me. plus the in game save come in handy.

it would be cool if they had a mercy rule fro when games got out of hand
Old 05-17-2016, 05:22 PM   #8
Rookie

After switching to watching soccer where the commercials come only at the half (and of course on the kits) I can't watch any other sport on TV. Can watch Hockey on the the net without the ads, but will never watch a baseball game again. It's the interruptions more than the length of the game. Being able to save a MLB the show game during season mode was cool, but the game is too long for someone with a passing interest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »