Home

Madden NFL 17 Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2016, 05:14 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 17 Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much More

A new Madden NFL 17 blog has just arrived going over many new details on the running game, including special moves, takeout interaction system and much more.

Quote:
"Madden NFL 17 will feature a broad cast of new Ball Carrier mechanics to keep all Madden players engaged, from beginners to the hard core. Using modifiers, there are now four unique tactics available to customize the running game. In combination with the Fakeout Interactions, all carry their own risks and rewards. The four special-move types are: Standard, Speed (RT/R2), Precision (LT/L2) & Steerable (RT/R2 + LT/L2)."

I won't lie, I'm worried some of this stuff is getting a bit too complicated (think: fighting games and their convoluted control schemes) -- as there are a lot of different combinations to now memorize. Thankfully, the Madden team has thought about this with a couple of smart design decisions.

Quote:
"There’s some new tools available in Madden NFL 17 to make the user a better and more creative ball carrier, including recommended special-move prompts, projected path indicator, special-move feedback text and a setting-specific ball-carrier threat cone."

This will obviously be something which is able to be toggle on/off (On by default in Rookie/Pro modes). This on-screen feedback will help you figure out what you are doing right and wrong which should, in theory, make you better at using the moves. That's a nice little touch.

NOTE: Tackle Battle is on for all difficulty levels with no way to turn it off.

Quote:
"There are three unique ways to experience running the ball via the Ball Carrier Special Moves setting, which allows the user to customize the ground-game experience to his or her own liking (Auto, Assist, Manual)"

These three settings will allow anyone to take advantage of the new moves and not feel overwhelmed. Auto will be what it sounds like, the AI will make the moves as you simply steer the player. Assist will be a nice mix between full manual and full auto control.

The special moves sound like they're taking every level of Madden user into account, which makes them more appealing on the surface. What do you think? Read the full post and leave a comment below!

Source - Madden NFL 17 Gameplay Deep Dive - Ball Carrier Special Moves
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 05:18 PM   #2
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Madden NFL 17 Gameplay Deep Dive - Ball Carrier Special Moves

Promising

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2016, 05:18 PM   #3
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

You beat me to it but I can't find this anywhere at least on mobile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2016, 05:29 PM   #4
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 - Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much Mor

Alright, baby. The hype train has officially launched. Choo-choo.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:32 PM   #5
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 17 - Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much Mor

Tackle Battle? Really? Can this be turned off? Like everything else in there though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 05:34 PM   #6
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Sounds good as long as the AI will use these moves as well. The only thing that I didn't like is the "Tackle Battles".
Old 05-18-2016, 05:36 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

As someone who is kinda terrible using the ballcarrier special moves, the timing feedback option immediately interests me. The rest of the assists I'm not as hot on but I also know that they aren't for me; if they can ease new and more people into playing the game, I'm all for them.

Other than that - I do hope that the ballcarrier move ratings are appropriately spread out to take advantage of the new mechanics that are on the table here.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:36 PM   #8
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Sounds good as long as the AI will use these moves as well. The only thing that I didn't like is the "Tackle Battles".
Really reminds me of the fight for the fumble mechanic

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »