Home

Madden NFL 17 Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2016, 05:38 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 17 Gameplay Deep Dive - Ball Carrier Special Moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Really reminds me of the fight for the fumble mechanic
I read a lot of good things there. Hope it works as well as advertised.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:40 PM   #10
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: Madden NFL 17 - Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much Mor

Quote:
Tackle Battle? Really? Can this be turned off? Like everything else in there though.
Unless I'm reading it wrong, a lot of the stuff is on by default in Rookie and Pro modes. That one in particular wasn't mentioned as being on of them though, so I'll try and check in w/ some guys.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-18-2016, 05:41 PM   #11
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden NFL 17 Gameplay Deep Dive - Ball Carrier Special Moves

Yeah. Overall, I like what they're doing, and I def appreciate the fact that all of these things have 'learning tools' as sometimes what/when I think a juke will work in madden is NOT what/when madden thinks it will work. So, even though I have played madden for years, I will actually play a game or 2 with the assists on just to get a feel for what madden expects. However, while I normally enjoy complicated tier level control in all game types (sports, shooters, whatever), I will have to play the game to see how the 'steerable' runs play out. That option seems the hardest for me, personally, to envision exactly how those play out. And, I have not been a fan of the precision modifier up to this point, lol, so that's still a minor sticking point with me. But, at the end of the day, if everything has been improved, and I can better 'feel' the timing window of jukes/trucks/etc, and the bigger backs now truck better and small backs now are better at elusive moves, I think things will play out nicely. And, again, maybe after playing a few games, the precision mod and steerable options will actually feel good/correct. Not sure if I like the 'tackle battle' item, and I wonder what online guys will think about it. I play mostly CFM vs CPU, so I wouldn't want to dominate the CPU with it or something. All in all, I dig the direction of madden under Rex, so I'm hopeful these new moves will only add to the game and make it better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 05:42 PM   #12
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 17 - Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Unless I'm reading it wrong, a lot of the stuff is on by default in Rookie and Pro modes. That one in particular wasn't mentioned as being on of them though, so I'll try and check in w/ some guys.
Yea i noticed that too, they didn't say if it was on by default on any particular difficulty but if Fight for the Fumble was able to be turned off I can only imagine this is too.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:44 PM   #13
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

Need to see all this in motion before I get overly excited. Been waiting forever for better running animations
Old 05-18-2016, 05:44 PM   #14
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Worst part about this blog is at the bottom, a link to run fits blog that isn't working

Old 05-18-2016, 05:46 PM   #15
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Worst part about this blog is at the bottom, a link to run fits blog that isn't working

JP work your Twitter magic get us some info on the whole tackle battle thing. Whom ever presses a button first doesn't seem very sim to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 05:48 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Tackle Battle? Really? Can this be turned off? Like everything else in there though.
Yeah, I don't like a lot of indicators myself. But I get why they put that stuff in for the casuals.

My thing is though, why not just put the Tap feature in if they're going to keep adding things on to ballcarrier functions? I know there are people who didn't like the Tap, particularly non-2K fans. But the way I see it, some of this stuff is just a roundabout and less effective method than the actual Tap feature. At least make it where you turn if on or off depending on if you want it or not.

And speaking of turning on and off, I agree this tackle battle feature needs that as well. I imagine they will do that, but if not, they need to make it as non-distracting as possible. I'm talking making it an icon super small and right down at the bottom next to the ballcarriers text name.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »