Home

Madden NFL 17 Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2016, 05:50 PM   #17
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 17 - Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much Mor

Quote:
Also noteworthy is the impact fatigue can have on the special moves. When the ball carrier is completely out of stamina, the moves he will use will go down one level from his default – when an elite player runs out of gas, he’ll perform moves as if he’s rated in the 80’s instead of the 90’s – so make sure not to overuse that Acceleration Burst!
I'll be interested to see what "completely out of stamina" means. It would be nice if maybe they went down one level as they got progressively more tired and when they were completely out of stamina everything was at rock bottom. Hopefully this also means auto subs will finally work properly so that the CPU doesn't have a guy carrying the ball the whole game doing sub par moves because he's exhausted.

Quote:
These can be 2 player interactions up to 6- player interactions, all depending on the type of move used, the ball carries skill level and the user’s own stick skills.
Something tells me we might see the return of that Pro-Tak beast mode play where the player is wrapped up by a ton of players and magically breaks free for the auto TD lol. Hope not but either way this sounds good in theory.

Quote:
Whenever a defender and ball carrier get locked up in a standing tackle, a random face-button will appear on screen – the first player in the tackle battle to hit that button, wins the tackle battle. For the defender, this means completing the tackle and for the ball carrier, a win is breaking the tackle. The size of the timing window and the frequency of tackle battles are determined by the ratings and styles of both players in the tackle battle. A bruiser running back is more likely to get a tackle battle with a linebacker than a cornerback.
Don't like this but I'm sure it will be able to be turned off.

I like that they provide a few different options for these moves as well. Once you get past the basic moves it's hard for me to anticipate and start hitting button combos on the fly so I like the idea of the assist option and even the auto but that might be a little too much out of my control for my liking. All of this sounds great but we need videos to get some real impressions. Hopefully with all of these moves they aren't like previous Madden's where basically the ball carrier is an indestructible force when they're active and defenders can interrupt them as well as show better AI instead of just going into zombie mode when it seems like the ball carrier is going down.

Side notes: Lighting seems better but I'm not sure if it's just because it's the practice field. The Steelers actually look black as opposed to dark grey and the yellow pops. Eagles player has a different style of gloves I haven't seen and it appears as if they may have thickened the facemask bars. Still haven't seen a Speed Flex helmet, hope those made it in.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:51 PM   #18
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 - Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much Mor

Fight for the fumble, tackle addition, lovely. They just couldn't overhaul the run game without tossing a gimmick in there for good measure. Everything else looks promising though.

Also, did anyone else notice the roster management screen? Hopefully that all NFL screen is in franchise.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 05-18-2016, 05:51 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1
nice i love to run ! i find myself passing more in madden 16 so hopefully with some of the new moves i can get better at running again
Old 05-18-2016, 05:52 PM   #20
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
As someone who is kinda terrible using the ballcarrier special moves, the timing feedback option immediately interests me. The rest of the assists I'm not as hot on but I also know that they aren't for me; if they can ease new and more people into playing the game, I'm all for them.

Other than that - I do hope that the ballcarrier move ratings are appropriately spread out to take advantage of the new mechanics that are on the table here.
As another who struggles with the ballcarrier, I liked that there was an option to have it be set on "auto" and "assist"
Old 05-18-2016, 05:52 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 6

Wow, that was a lot of info. I love to see all the changes in the run game. I really hope they fix the big hit stick because there is no risk vs reward for that. People tackle solely with it.

But from what I've heard already I'm excited. Nice changes to the running game. I also wonder if they've made changes to the jukes behind the line of scrimmage. They were never successfully and too slow. Stop using them all together. I also hope they worked on the ability to hit cut back lines. Your RB's agility behind the line of scrimmage was terrible. Spent more time running up a lineman's butt than actually hitting a cut back line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 05:52 PM   #22
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
Yeah, I don't like a lot of indicators myself. But I get why they put that stuff in for the casuals.

My thing is though, why not just put the Tap feature in if they're going to keep adding things on to ballcarrier functions? I know there are people who didn't like the Tap, particularly non-2K fans. But the way I see it, some of this stuff is just a roundabout and less effective method than the actual Tap feature. At least make it where you turn if on or off depending on if you want it or not.

And speaking of turning on and off, I agree this tackle battle feature needs that as well. I imagine they will do that, but if not, they need to make it as non-distracting as possible. I'm talking making it an icon super small and right down at the bottom next to the ballcarriers text name.
Agreed. Even for some vets they will use the indicates for a few games just to learn, I know I will then I'll shut them all off. I don't like the tackle battle thing but I could deal with a super small icon by the players name like you stated but i worry for the coach mode players who are basically going to lose every tackle battle since they don't control the players
Old 05-18-2016, 05:53 PM   #23
Rookie

I realize they state these helpers are off on All Pro and All Madden, but last year in Cfm even at at All madden they are still available for individuals to turn back on. There better be a commissioner tool to keep them off

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2016, 05:54 PM   #24
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Really wanna see this in motion. But it sounds interesting honestly.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »