Home

Madden NFL 17 Video - New Spin Move

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Video - New Spin Move within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2016, 02:42 PM   #9
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden NFL 17 Video - Ball Carrier Moves: Spin

Yeah, I like the timing and angle of this attempt, anyways. He basically had nothing else or nowhere else to go. He needed the spin to completely change direction and escaped. I thought it looked good. I am a mother-trucker, myself, lol. So, spin is my least used move. And, when I've used it (on purpose), it almost ALWAYS goes in the WRONG direction. And, the other times I do it, it is totally done by accident (I STILL HATE the fact that spin was mapped to right stick as this causes accidental spins for me ALL THE TIME!). But, from the moves show thus far, I like the planting I'm seeing. It may not be perfect, but it looks good enough for me. I may actually use the spin on purpose with 17. Although, with Truck and Stiff Arm getting better, THOSE will still be my main moves, and I hope they actually work this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2016, 02:43 PM   #10
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video - Ball Carrier Moves: Spin

Quote:
Originally Posted by undrafted
Nice spin move... but why does Minnesota #63 seem oblivious to GB #76 when the ball is snapped ?
Also, why does GB #58 seem to backtrack when the player with the ball executes the spin move ?
Like roadman said it could be because it's on rookie. We know the AI is not that smart on lower levels.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:48 PM   #11
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
I like the fact that it's toned down. Hopefully this is the end to all the ugly spinning across the entire field that people do
This, anyone know where that animated gif someone posted of a player spin moving all up the field is? I know it was in some thread earlier this month but I can't find it.

The spin looks more realistic now and I wonder how exactly have/could they temper it so it's not effective, absurdly strung together repeatedly. What I mean is, in real life a player will only do so many due to how disorienting that could be and not wanting to get blasted from a blindside hit but in the game, the User can see all sides. So, in reference to the spinning up the field in M16, I wonder how they organically address that in M17, especially with the elusive, agile ball carriers, so they are realistically evasive but not by just new spin moving up the field.

That said, the simple fact that the spin is more realistic might inherently mean it's less effective when not used properly, guess we will see, either way, it looks better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2016, 03:55 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

It looks good, way better than it use to be. I just wish they can get to the point where ball carriers studder step just before they make their jukes.

Old 05-27-2016, 04:15 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 3

i really dont like how they stitch two diff plays together... thats said, it looks planted but not very athletic.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:34 PM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

So, SG, a combo move like the old Double Dragon or Mortal Combat days. I could see that, but I get the impression stick skillz win out again with that.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:36 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Like roadman said it could be because it's on rookie. We know the AI is not that smart on lower levels.
Not to rile things up, just keeping it real like I always do... but to be honest, we can find the OL doing this on All-Pro. I wanna believe it's just because it's on rookie but history tells us the OL will do this on all levels.

That being said, the move looks good. Much better than the one-size-fits-all spin that never looked good to begin with, and I've complained for years for them to address that. So definitely a good job of them looking into this one.

I'm just hoping to see an option to turn off all of the new indicators. To be even more serious, I wish they would allow me to turn off any and all indicators of everything one-by-one if I choose. There are lots of indicators I don't even use, like the fielding indicators for catching and returning, I don't need those, I can see where the ball is going, why can't I turn that off?

And what about the precision modifier/stamina indicator? Honestly, I've never paid attention to how it was going up or down and it's never had an effect on my play, so why can't I turn it off?

My things is, a number of us spent all of last generation complaining for them to understand that we want a cleaner screen, but there seems to be this desire from someplace within their team to where they just want to keep putting more junk on the screen. I say, put it there, no problem, clutter the screen until the players can barely be seen if you want, just make sure the people who don't want that have options to turn these things off. Don't force this stuff on us. I don't think that's asking for much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2016, 04:39 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video - New Spin Move

Spin looks great, the running animation afterwards looks insane.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »