Home

F1 2016 Announced, Features New Career Mode Spanning 10 Years - New Screenshots

This is a discussion on F1 2016 Announced, Features New Career Mode Spanning 10 Years - New Screenshots within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2016, 09:39 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
F1 2016 Announced, Features New Career Mode Spanning 10 Years - New Screenshots

Codemasters have just announced F1 2016, scheduled to arrive later this summer for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. A new career mode has been added this year, spanning 10 seasons. The game will also feature the Baku City Circuit in Azerbaijan, home of the 2016 Formula 1 Grand Prix of Europe, along with the introduction of the iconic Safety Car and Virtual Safety Car. More details on the game are coming in the next few weeks.

Quote:
“F1 2016 is a massive step forward for the franchise. The new career mode sits at the heart of the game and allows gamers to create their own legend over a career that can span for up to a massive ten seasons. Beyond improving upon the fastest and most thrilling on-track racing experience in gaming, F1 2016 uniquely offers the drama and vehicle development that goes on behind the scenes. A rich car upgrade system is fully integrated into a new and deep practice development programme which mirrors the tests carried out by the teams in real life.”

For the first time, the practice development programme allows you to take advantage of the tests done by the teams on a grand prix weekend. Master each circuit with our track acclimatisation tests, test your tyres and hone your race strategy to perfection, all whilst gaining valuable Research and Development points to spend on upgrading your car.

F1 2016 Cover Art

In the new career mode, you’ll be able to select an avatar to represent you within the game world, as well as choose a number to take with you through your career. You’ll be able to single out the helmet for you, and colour it however you choose. You’re then free to choose from any of the FORMULA ONE teams, all with different goals and expectations. You might decide to go down the more challenging route and start further down the grid, but it will also be easier to exceed your team’s expectations. You can earn contracts and move from team to team, or choose to develop your favourite team into a championship contender.

To complement the on-track experience, and to expand the realism of the Career mode, we’ve included stunning hospitality areas for each team that will act as your game hub. In this area you’ll work with our new, fully captured and voice-acted Research and Development Engineer and Player Agent to develop your progress both on and off the track. Earn Research and Development credits from all your sessions, from practice, to qualifying and the race, to spend on upgrading your car, and get ahead of the teams around you. To make it even more immersive, you’ll also be able to spot other key figures from the paddock within the hospitality areas.

Source - Codemasters

Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2016, 01:10 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: F1 2016 Announced, Features New Career Mode Spanning 10 Years - New Screenshots

Career mode!
Old 05-27-2016, 03:18 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 33
I hope the presentation elements extend to the Race Now Mode which I predominantly play. It's good to see Codemasters work to expand on a Career Mode option that typically lacks depth in not only F1 but pretty much any racer out there.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:25 PM   #4
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Newbie curiosity (i.e. from someone who doesn't know anything about F1 racing or racing in general), so why only 10 years? How long does someone usually last in the world of F1 racing? Wouldn't it have been better to also have a mode as an owner of that one company, but you also get to play as the driver. In case your driver "retires, sucks or whatever" the built up history of that car/company would carry over forever so to speak. After 10 years, do you really want to start from scratch again? Newbie curiosity.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:43 PM   #5
Rookie

Finn's Arena

OVR: 2
I think we will need to wait for more details to determine how effective a 10 year career will be. As a driver a 10 year career should be deemed successful especially recently with many pay drivers up and coming to fill the grid. That being said 10 years could almost be seen as too long depending on how they will have teams progress their R&D and if driver movement will be incorporated. It could get rather repetitive if after say year 3 it's possible all teams have maxed out their cars performance and all drivers stay at their respective starting teams. Maybe they will include some sort of 'rules regulations' that reset parts of team's R&D.

This is before thinking that if you run full weekends and full races 10 years is a whole lot of laps!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2016, 07:07 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: F1 2016 Announced, Features New Career Mode Spanning 10 Years - New Screenshots

I'm in....Loved the last game.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:38 PM   #7
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Nice to have career mode come back. Series has always been solid to me. The game looks great, sounds great, plays great for the most part. I'll likely pick it up.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:57 PM   #8
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm glad to see that Codies has finally given us some info and some images. The new features seem intriguing and I'd at least explore them.

I do want be honest and say career (and franchise) modes in sports games don't do much for me. I like creating my own avatar but the lack of customization outside of that bores me. I hate repeating the same schedule over and over and the lack of retirements, transfers, etc. bother me for some reason.

Maybe they'll reveal more later, but I hope they aren't sacrificing a Championship Season mode for career (a la F1 2012). Hope they clean up the frame rate and other minor graphical issues too.

I do enjoy the 2015 iteration despite the faults and I picked it up heavily discounted so I don't want to complain too much. I'll stick with it for a while.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »