Home

FIFA 17 Using the Frostbite Engine - Madden, NHL & NBA Within the Next Few Years?

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 Using the Frostbite Engine - Madden, NHL & NBA Within the Next Few Years? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2016, 12:21 PM   #17
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle42atncsu
So this means what for FIFA exactly? I'm not too familiar with the differences between the Frostbite engine and Ignite. I take it Frostbite is better somehow?? Ignite was supposed to be the next big innovation in sports gaming a few short years ago.
I was wondering, what will this do to Madden? So having it made on Frostbite instead of Ignite, will that change much (and what would it change)?
I don't buy games every year, I've been playing NBA 2K16 a lot and will keep playing it for a couple more years. But I was thinking about getting a new Football and Hockey game in the next year or 2 since I haven't gotten them since I got a Xone. Should I wait on at least 1 for them to be on Frostbite, or will this not change much?
Old 06-02-2016, 12:28 PM   #18
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 Using the Frostbite Engine - Madden, NHL & NBA Within the Next Few Years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
I was wondering, what will this do to Madden? So having it made on Frostbite instead of Ignite, will that change much (and what would it change)?
I don't buy games every year, I've been playing NBA 2K16 a lot and will keep playing it for a couple more years. But I was thinking about getting a new Football and Hockey game in the next year or 2 since I haven't gotten them since I got a Xone. Should I wait on at least 1 for them to be on Frostbite, or will this not change much?
Check this forum out. Madden looks good this year, but here is the same discussion as this one only with a Madden focus.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-year-two.html
Old 06-02-2016, 06:41 PM   #19
Rookie

hunterdawgs10's Arena

Re: FIFA 17 Using the Frostbite Engine - Madden, NHL & NBA Within the Next Few Years?

This would be cool if it brought dynamic weather. The "showers" weather type in 16 is no different than rain. I've never seen it stop and atart before
Old 06-03-2016, 06:22 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Better looking than Overwatch? I beg to differ, with all due respect of course.

Either way, sounds like an upgrade so that can't be bad.
graphically battlefront is much, much superior imo. it can also handle 20v20players and lots of action all at 60fps

the art styles are personal taste though
Old 06-03-2016, 09:30 AM   #21
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonlarjj
graphically battlefront is much, much superior imo. it can also handle 20v20players and lots of action all at 60fps

the art styles are personal taste though
Fair enough. I remembered it looking really choppy, but I guess I just have a bad taste in my mouth from the god awful gameplay. Not sure I've ever been more disappointed in a game than that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2016, 05:23 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3
Interesting. A few years ago when Battlefield 3 launched, i remembered reading an article that it was using EA Sports' "ANT" animation tech, that was essentially it's canned animation blender, so one move to the next looked fluid and in some cases mixed and transitioned together.

So EA sports has been pretty close to being in-line with Frostbite for a while. All i know is Frostbite is one hell of an engine for particle effects and blending with dynamic lighting. How this will affect gameplay, i have no idea.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:58 AM   #23
Rookie

dtlm6's Arena

OVR: 1
I prefer PES but love Premier League, Bundesliga and MLS so I bought FIFA too. Problem is, you can only have so many games on PS4 (too little in my opinion), I have to give up FIFA. I think gameplay on PES is much better but if the Frostbite Engine brings something significantly better, I'm open to change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »