Home

Xbox One S Arrives in Early August, Project Scorpio Scheduled For Holiday 2017

This is a discussion on Xbox One S Arrives in Early August, Project Scorpio Scheduled For Holiday 2017 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2016, 01:20 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Xbox One S Arrives in Early August, Project Scorpio Scheduled For Holiday 2017

During the Xbox E3 2016 briefing, Microsoft announced the Xbox One S, starting at $299.99 for the 500GB version, $349.99 for the 1TB version and $399.99 for the limited quantity 2TB launch edition, all scheduled to arrive in August.

Pre-order here:
Quote:
With a fresh new design and “robot white” color, the Xbox One S is 40 percent smaller than the original Xbox One, creating the most compact Xbox yet. It also includes a built-in power supply, and in response to fan requests worldwide, can be placed horizontally or vertically with an optional stand.

Xbox One S is not just slimmer and sleeker. We also worked hard to add some exciting new features for video and gameplay. You’ll now be able to watch Blu-ray movies and stream video in stunning 4K Ultra HD video, with content from partners like Netflix and Amazon Video. Xbox One S also offers High Dynamic Range (HDR) support for video and gaming, so you can experience richer, more luminous colors in games like Gears of War 4 and Scalebound. With a higher contrast ratio between lights and darks, HDR brings out the true visual depth of your games and media.

For increased accessibility, we shifted one of the three USB ports and the pairing button to the front of the Xbox One S alongside the newly added IR blaster. Additionally, in order to make the Xbox One S as compact as possible and make all of these updates, we removed the dedicated Kinect port from the back. Kinect for Xbox One will still be compatible with Xbox One S via the Xbox Kinect Adapter for USB connection and offers the same great experiences as the current console. For fans that currently own a Kinect for Xbox One and plan to purchase the Xbox One S, we are offering a free Xbox Kinect Adapter. Visit xbox.com/XboxOne/KinectAdapter for more details.

The Xbox One S comes with a newly designed Xbox Wireless Controller featuring textured grip for enhanced comfort. We improved the Xbox Wireless signal performance to give you a more reliable wireless connection to the console and up to twice the wireless range when used with Xbox One S. To enable easier wireless connection to your Windows 10 devices, we also added Bluetooth support.* The new thumbstick design significantly reduces wear to help maintain accuracy and smooth rotation over the life of the controller, so you never miss a beat. The new Xbox Wireless Controller is included with all Xbox One S consoles and will be available worldwide for individual purchase for $59.99 USD.

At the end of the Xbox briefing, Microsoft announced Project Scorpio (codename for now), a new console that will play native 4K games and high-fidelity VR. The console will feature a performance speed of six teraflops and arrive sometime in the 2017 holiday season.

What are your plans? Getting the Xbox One S or waiting for Project Scorpio?
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 02:01 PM   #2
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Xbox One S Revealed

Amazon pre-order is up.

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-S-2T...=operasport-20
Old 06-13-2016, 02:06 PM   #3
Pro

Gilley's Arena

OVR: 5

I feel like Scorpio kinda makes this pointless.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:12 PM   #4
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Microsoft stole its own thunder with Scorpio.

This is still a good option for those that aren't looking to get a 4K TV in the next couple of years, though.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 06-13-2016, 02:30 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35

Done deal!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 03:10 PM   #6
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

With the Scorpio not coming out until Holiday 2017, I think I may jump on the Xbox One S to hold me over until Scorpio drops. Ill trade in my current XB1 and get the slim.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-13-2016, 03:19 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
You discontinue the original Xbox one and just make Xbox one S then have Scorpio. Can't way for Scorpio and see if any of our sports games take advantage of them.
Old 06-13-2016, 04:04 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
I've been enjoying Madden 16 on my PS4 enough that I've been considering holding off on Madden 17 to see if at some point it gets bundled with some type of Xbox One platform (I don't currently own an Xbox One - still have my 360). Also curious to see how long they stick with white as the only color option ... it does look pretty slick ... but for me it would really stick out more than I'd like (in other words it will be a constant reminder to my wife that I bought another game console).

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »