Home

The Golf Club 2 Announced - Teaser Trailer & Some Features Revealed

This is a discussion on The Golf Club 2 Announced - Teaser Trailer & Some Features Revealed within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2016, 09:59 AM   #1
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
The Golf Club 2 Announced - Teaser Trailer & Some Features Revealed

HB Studios have just announced The Golf Club 2, scheduled to arrive in the first quarter of next year. The game will include a very in-depth player creator, new clubs, new apparel, new swing animations, new more challenging swing options, private and public clubs/societies, a more customizable offline career mode and more.

Check out some of the features and details below, but click here to read all about it.

Unity 5 – We’ve moved the game to Unity 5. This means lots of great things for all areas of the game.

Player Creator – We’ve got a huge player creator, where player features, clothing, clubs and gear will all be customizable. It’s almost limitless with millions upon millions of combinations to get your avatar looking just as you want him or her to.

Golf Societies – We’ve now got golf societies, not only places where you and your friends can hang out and play against each other in tournaments but huge public clubs. (All currency referred to is GAME CURRENCY, not real money)
  • Societies will have club captains that will design out seasons with entry restrictions, prize money and major tournaments
  • Tournament and society entry can be restricted by entrance fees and handicap ratings.
  • Societies will have their own bank balance so they can choose their own clubhouse. The richer the clubs the grander the clubhouse. The luxury of a plush club the status that comes with that needs to be earned to get there.
  • Major Tournaments – Using club size and popularity crowds will turn up for the clubs majors. The bigger the club, the bigger the crowds. The HUD will become more TV like and the commentary will also add to the occasion.
  • Career Mode – Players will also be able to play away a more singular game against AI. Using offline societies and AI players to earn money and work your way through the challenges of increasing difficulty. All money earned here can be transferred to your online career, so it’s well worth taking part.
You’ll be able to now design courses with multi-level water, crowd placement, lots of new stuff to place as well as lots of new tools to make life easier for the designers out there.

Gameplay
  • Swing – we’re currently looking at a 3 level swing mechanic. The easy level will very much be based off of what we have now, but with tempo added and a distance reduction, Hard will be very punishing if in any way off centre and the tempo isn’t correct but when it’s good you will get a considerably further distance. Doing this gives us the variation we want, the difficulty some want and brings in the actual point of multiple tees.
  • Practice Swing – You’ll now be able to take practice swings.
  • HUD Numbering and Shot Shaper – These will be rounded giving you less ability to dial a distance while working on the shot shaper to make it much harder when trying to dial in distances.
Practice Range

We have a full driving range, putting green and chipping green. This is a full sandbox mode, giving you the ability to go out there and improve any part of your game.

Graphics
  • We’ve invested heavily in the character this time out, getting full photogrammetry scans of people and clothing to make your player look as realistic as possible.
  • We’ve also invested in a huge array of motion capture from two brand new golf pros. Well not only have a lot of great new shot animations but lots of post and pre shot stuff as well.
  • Full specular effects on everything on your course, this makes it look even more realistic than it did before.
Multiplayer

We won’t be adding a traditional lobby, but we will be improving live multiplayer extensively. We’ll be adding more game modes and the ability to play non friends.
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2016, 10:30 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: The Golf Club 2 announced today!

I need to see what the career mode is like this time around. If its bare bones, then I'll most likely skip.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-14-2016, 11:07 AM   #3
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I need to see what the career mode is like this time around. If its bare bones, then I'll most likely skip.
"Career Mode – Players will also be able to play away a more singular game against AI. Using offline societies and AI players to earn money and work your way through the challenges of increasing difficulty. All money earned here can be transferred to your online career, so it’s well worth taking part."

This "offline societies" bit mentioned here could portend of a lot in terms of the depth of the career mode. There will be an official live Twitch stream on Monday which may speak to this. I'm most interested in seeing how the new swing mechanic works, and the Twitch stream will address it in depth, I'm reading.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:14 AM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
"Career Mode – Players will also be able to play away a more singular game against AI. Using offline societies and AI players to earn money and work your way through the challenges of increasing difficulty. All money earned here can be transferred to your online career, so it’s well worth taking part."

This "offline societies" bit mentioned here could portend of a lot in terms of the depth of the career mode. There will be an official live Twitch stream on Monday which may speak to this. I'm most interested in seeing how the new swing mechanic works, and the Twitch stream will address it in depth, I'm reading.
I was hoping for a career mode that involved playing a schedule year in and year out with majors, money lists, rankings, and a stat tracking system.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:36 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3
I think you should be looking at an officially licensed PGA game for that type of career mode. Unfortunately while Rory has some of these elements the career mode is not very deep. Future versions hopefully will expand on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2016, 11:36 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: The Golf Club 2 Announced - Teaser Trailer & Some Features Revealed

I guess I'm not seeing a lot different in the video that's shown so far...

Can we "see" the new swing?
Also, perhaps some TGC 1 vs 2 video on a course they imported/updated?

Will also need to see actual reports of exactly how realistically the shots play vs real life.

TGC has always felt and played like a golf "game" (vs more of a simulation that lets you play actual shots with the same thought you might in real life).

And are those the same bunkers with no edges I saw in that video?

Is multiplayer closer to real time with all the players?
No lobby - again? No money for that even with a fully new game and fresh revenue?
:-(

I guess I just don't see a ton to be super excited about yet...and it is still 3/4 of a year from being released. Nice to see they are moving on from TGC 1 and leaving it behind (it is time)...but need much much more information and videos of the future to really get interested about any of it.

Will keep an eye on it, but I see nothing to jump for joy about at this current time personally.

Last edited by scagwi; 06-14-2016 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:41 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 0

I'm also really surprised the new game is so far off.

TGC 1 has been just languishing with very little care or update for about half a year already.

I was sort of expecting this announcement, but thought for sure it'd be ready by end of Summer or something.

It isn't "that' different from TGC 1 - Seems amazing it will take so long to come out.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:45 AM   #8
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronoko
I think you should be looking at an officially licensed PGA game for that type of career mode. Unfortunately while Rory has some of these elements the career mode is not very deep. Future versions hopefully will expand on it.
I have RMPGAT already. I was hoping the Golf Club would have something similar.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »