Home

The Golf Club 2 Announced - Teaser Trailer & Some Features Revealed

This is a discussion on The Golf Club 2 Announced - Teaser Trailer & Some Features Revealed within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2016, 11:51 AM   #9
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Golf Club 2 Announced - Teaser Trailer & Some Features Revealed

I'm not going to make any judgments about it based on that video. They're going to be doing an official live Twitch stream on it Monday. I'm sure we'll get to see some gameplay video there. I'd imagine they'll go into more detail about multiplayer, career mode, and how the clubs/societies will work then.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:58 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I'm not going to make any judgments about it based on that video. They're going to be doing an official live Twitch stream on it Monday. I'm sure we'll get to see some gameplay video there. I'd imagine they'll go into more detail about multiplayer, career mode, and how the clubs/societies will work then.

OK - I guess it begs the question of "why release that video" if we can't use it to make some preliminary judgements?

TGC 2 has been getting teased on the HB forums for months...not like the video didn't have time to be created.

If they go Unity 5 and do a whole new game and still have those simply horrible bunkers... I just don't know what to say if they do that..
Old 06-14-2016, 12:14 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
OK - I guess it begs the question of "why release that video" if we can't use it to make some preliminary judgements?

TGC 2 has been getting teased on the HB forums for months...not like the video didn't have time to be created.

If they go Unity 5 and do a whole new game and still have those simply horrible bunkers... I just don't know what to say if they do that..
Mate, it's still a long way from alpha. We wanted to announce ages ago as people were thinking we weren't interested in TGC anymore.
Most things in that video are way off finished, but the reason for releasing it is to show some of what we have. We could have faked it, but everything you see in it is in the build.

There's lots to come and we plan on taking the community on the journey of development.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2016, 12:15 PM   #12
Rookie

Golfsprince's Arena

I think it has taken a huge step from TGC 1. There's a lot more to the new game and I love it.

Keep in mind guys that HB/Maximum Games are not AAA developers so it's very impressive where they have taken this game considering. I'm not even remotely worried about the bunkers right now, I'm sure they will do some things to improve them.

This is why it's smart that they pushed it to early next year. If they released it in the Fall, then there would probably be numerous issues.

They are supposed to have a few swing options so I'm sure there will be something for all types of players. Can't make every golf game cater to just sim players because at the end of the day, golf is for everybody my friends

Favorite Teams

Golf - USA Ryder Cup Squad

NFL - Bears, Falcons

NBA - Bulls

MLB - White Sox

College - Northwestern Wildcats, DePaul Blue Demons, UIC Flames, DuPage Chaparrals
Old 06-14-2016, 12:46 PM   #13
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

I didn't mind the first one, but this one sounds like it's got some nice new features, but if the visuals don't take a bit step up on the X1, I'm not sure I'm in on it.

I'm definitely paying attention though. After football and racing, golf games are my next biggest time consumer.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:59 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyKyne
Mate, it's still a long way from alpha. We wanted to announce ages ago as people were thinking we weren't interested in TGC anymore.
Most things in that video are way off finished, but the reason for releasing it is to show some of what we have. We could have faked it, but everything you see in it is in the build.

There's lots to come and we plan on taking the community on the journey of development.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
That's all well and good...

I just don't understand what everyone is so overjoyed about as so little is known or even implemented yet… To your point about being in such an early phase.

I will check back late fall -winter time to see what it turned into.
Thx
Old 06-14-2016, 01:40 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I didn't mind the first one, but this one sounds like it's got some nice new features, but if the visuals don't take a bit step up on the X1, I'm not sure I'm in on it.

I'm definitely paying attention though. After football and racing, golf games are my next biggest time consumer.
Think Xbox Scorpio, end of 2017 PS4 Neo or on PC if you have a good one......

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2016, 02:05 PM   #16
Pro

The biggest visual problem with TGC & it appears TGC2 is the transition between textures.
I was not expecting Frostbite visuals but some improvement was hoped for,unfortunately the video presents the same as TGC.
If there is no substantial visual improvement I'll be disappointed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »