Home

NHL 17 Screenshots

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Screenshots within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2016, 09:25 PM   #9
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: NHL 17 Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsHockey08
I've always enjoyed having to do that kind of thing. I've always felt it added to the experience in these GM modes. Hopefully it can be set to auto for people who prefer to manage the roster only.
I don't think a GM does anything regarding ticket and concession prices.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 06-11-2016, 03:32 PM   #10
Rookie

headzapp's Arena

OVR: 0
The no frostbite was the thing for me to pretty much say no to this years game. Two disappointments in 3 years. When they took that year off I thought it was to work on the game, but they literally took a year off. Fighting for position in front of the net sounds good, but we need realistic board play.I stood by this game for a long time and now starting to believe what others say about them not caring. How I wish Sony would say " Hey, let's make a hockey game like our baseball game."
Old 06-12-2016, 09:49 AM   #11
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Not to many shots of the goal tenders but it looks like the same crappy masks and outdated pads. I'm hoping that they just haven't updated that yet but I'm not holding my breath. Gameplay is a priority but I'm sick of the same old boring unimaginative masks that we have had for 6 years now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 11:29 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
No they aren't, but if it is re-dubbed as Franchise mode then maybe it makes more sense. And let's be honest, GM's don't make a decision on relocation either, but it's possible here. Let's just enjoy the game for what it is, a game, nothing more.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:45 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue
Agreed, but the game has never really done a good job at showing off the arena work they have put into it, unfortunately.

How many shots of the actual arena, scoreboard, banners, rafters, etc. are shown during cutscenes or game play? This is probably something that could be changed in the future to spruce up the presentation.
You make a fair point. You can't even pan around the arena details in replay mode, or at least not last I checked.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:54 PM   #14
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericromain
You make a fair point. You can't even pan around the arena details in replay mode, or at least not last I checked.
Yeah, I believe you're pretty much confined to within the glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue
Agreed, but the game has never really done a good job at showing off the arena work they have put into it, unfortunately.

How many shots of the actual arena, scoreboard, banners, rafters, etc. are shown during cutscenes or game play? This is probably something that could be changed in the future to spruce up the presentation.
The presentation has been pretty bland for a while now. Everything is either in game, or suddenly clipping to another thing out of nowhere. It would be nice to see more things happening organically in the shot. It would be a lot nicer if they showed clips of guys skating out and changing lines when you selected the next one, focusing on guys known for fighting and showing them shoving on camera (it could be zoomed it, or just visible from above).

Just make everything more alive. The in-game action already feels totally removed from the rest of the league, but then inside the game itself, it's like you're playing between cut scenes.

Last edited by actionhank; 06-17-2016 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:59 PM   #15
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
This, but you know what they do, negotiate contracts and extensions midseason, whoops, cant do that. At least I can make nachos cost 10 dollars though.

That perfectly encapsulates this franchise's problem. Fix/put in a feature that actually makes sense and people want, but requires a little bit of work orrrr just add some bullsh*t fluff that no one wants but we can market in a similar manner to what people will actually want and maybe people who dont pay attention to news and information about games will buy it and just assume we made changes that made sense, suckers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2016, 09:21 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericromain
Hah, you wouldn't believe how many times during the year Italked about this with devs.

They invest so much in arenas, but show so little during actual match. Such a shame!
I was begging for 100% realtime presentation, basically what you see in tv broadcast.

This would open them much more time and space for stats too! Everything feels so rushed and unpolished right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »