Home

Madden NFL 17 Videos -Commentary/Presentation, Toned Down Aggressive Catch (iMAV3RIQ)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Videos -Commentary/Presentation, Toned Down Aggressive Catch (iMAV3RIQ) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2016, 08:49 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
I was hyped hearing all the pre info before any gameplay was shown. But I think I'll finally pass this year. This will be the 1st Maddening never brought/played. It just don't look that much better. 2k & MLB spoiled me. I need something that resembles sim. I can't take that sim/arcade style from Madden anymore.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:53 PM   #10
Rookie

the pocket is still bad....no sense of preesure, nothing.....the pocket is just too damn wide....
Old 06-20-2016, 08:58 PM   #11
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 17 Videos -Commentary/Presentation, Toned Down Aggressive Catch (iMAV3

Really liked the sound effects of pad crunching and player chatter. Was that Tyrod Taylor's cadence as well? I was hoping those would make it back for more QB's. Gaudin does sounds better than Nantz but the commentary wasn't good. Too much dead space and awkward pauses but overall it's pretty much what I expected it to be. That second video had some good looking running plays and I liked how the guys setting the edge looked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2016, 09:00 PM   #12
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 17 Videos -Commentary/Presentation, Toned Down Aggressive Catch (iMAV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin32
I was hyped hearing all the pre info before any gameplay was shown. But I think I'll finally pass this year. This will be the 1st Maddening never brought/played. It just don't look that much better. 2k & MLB spoiled me. I need something that resembles sim. I can't take that sim/arcade style from Madden anymore.
My take on this year's installment, is its an upgrade on the game PLAYS. Pass coverage has never been this textbook before. I think they took the right route by getting gameplay refined, then have a huge graphics overhaul with frostbite.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:09 PM   #13
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
What sports game has commentary that specific?
I'll have to revisit other sports games to give you a better answer, but what's important is Madden making improvements.

GOOD: Check out the video @2:40 - 2:57. I thought that was a better execution with less dead air. "It references Watkins as the receiver on the left, after the snap, he mentions they'll start the drive in the air, escaping the pressure right, throws to the running back McCoy and he'll get to the 29 yard line, brought down there."
Spoiler

GOOD: Here's good example of the current commentary team talking about, "the left side," the ball carrier running "down the line 40, 30, 20, etc." @2:40 mark.
Spoiler

CONCERN: My expectation was based on the excitement surrounding the new commentary. Even though I had reservations about the commentary and even tempering my expectations going into the video, I was expecting a "fuller" commentary. Even if we take out all the "fluff" that I added and just go with a more traditional "scripted" commentary such as, I thought the following could be executed.

Referencing time on the clock, what down it is, how many yards to go, how many receivers are lined up and where, one or two quick lines about the defense scheme, where the offensive player gets the ball, if he is running for more yards, which defender is chasing down the offensive ball carrier, what side of the field the ball is thrown to, what side of the field and at what hash mark is the ball carrier being chased to, etc.

https://translate.google.com/#auto/e...t%20the%20game!

"It's 1st and 10 at their own 22, under 2 minutes to go in the 1st. Winston under center, single back Martin, Evans the lone receiver to the right. 31 seconds on the playclock, Two safeties up top.

Playfake to Martin, Winston rolls right, throws across his body, finds Seferian Jenkins between two defenders at the 35. Open space no one within 20 yards of Jenkins, Jenkin to the 50, to the 40, down the sideline, to the 30, Darby in pursuit, finally chased out of bounds to the 23. Big gain. 41 big yards after the catch, a 55 yard gain. Wow, a great play to start the game!"
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 06-20-2016 at 09:39 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:27 PM   #14
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Man people are picky when it comes to Madden. Ya it's not perfect but everything I've seen looks incredible and definetly on the right track. I haven't had a chance to think about football yet but these videos got me excited.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:31 PM   #15
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I believe the Bucs went to their red socks on both away and home unis.

Everything else is looking good enough for me; playing the game is where the meat and potatoes should shine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2016, 10:45 PM   #16
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
I'll have to revisit other sports games to give you a better answer, but what's important is Madden making improvements.

GOOD: Check out the video @2:40 - 2:57. I thought that was a better execution with less dead air. "It references Watkins as the receiver on the left, after the snap, he mentions they'll start the drive in the air, escaping the pressure right, throws to the running back McCoy and he'll get to the 29 yard line, brought down there."
Spoiler

GOOD: Here's good example of the current commentary team talking about, "the left side," the ball carrier running "down the line 40, 30, 20, etc." @2:40 mark.
Spoiler

CONCERN: My expectation was based on the excitement surrounding the new commentary. Even though I had reservations about the commentary and even tempering my expectations going into the video, I was expecting a "fuller" commentary. Even if we take out all the "fluff" that I added and just go with a more traditional "scripted" commentary such as, I thought the following could be executed.

Referencing time on the clock, what down it is, how many yards to go, how many receivers are lined up and where, one or two quick lines about the defense scheme, where the offensive player gets the ball, if he is running for more yards, which defender is chasing down the offensive ball carrier, what side of the field the ball is thrown to, what side of the field and at what hash mark is the ball carrier being chased to, etc.

https://translate.google.com/#auto/e...t%20the%20game!

"It's 1st and 10 at their own 22, under 2 minutes to go in the 1st. Winston under center, single back Martin, Evans the lone receiver to the right. 31 seconds on the playclock, Two safeties up top.

Playfake to Martin, Winston rolls right, throws across his body, finds Seferian Jenkins between two defenders at the 35. Open space no one within 20 yards of Jenkins, Jenkin to the 50, to the 40, down the sideline, to the 30, Darby in pursuit, finally chased out of bounds to the 23. Big gain. 41 big yards after the catch, a 55 yard gain. Wow, a great play to start the game!"
I understand what you are saying Straw, but I'm willing the bet that 75% of the people hike the ball quickly and they wouldn't hear all that much detailed commentary you were expecting.

My goodness, my games are a hour and 15 minutes long as it is up to Madden 16, I don't want to tack on one more minute to that playing time.

To each their own on that note.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »