Home

NHL 17 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Gameplay Trailer within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2016, 12:36 AM   #9
Rookie

Caniac94's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 17 Gameplay Trailer

Just your basic sizzle trailer for the next NHL game. Can't really take much away from this other than net front tie ups and maybe a few new goalie animations. Other than that it looks like every other trailer they've done for next gen.

Agree with SimpleMathematics on the 5 man cellys. I hate how they stop, lean back, and then slightly pump their fists. It just looks unrealistic. I mean we had 3 man celebrations in NHL 07 dude! Surely we should at least get that on next gen right?

Last edited by Caniac94; 06-23-2016 at 12:39 AM.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:48 AM   #10
Pro

The biggest issue with the celebrations is the skaters' momentum disappears. Say he's flying at high speed toward the corner and fires a sharp angle shot top shelf. In real life, he'd cut his skates so that his momentum would take him around the net, still at a pretty good speed, and then circle around the net as he slows down to join his teammates. In the EA games, the second the pick crosses the line, the skater loses 80% of his speed and will instead drift into the glass doing the awkward fist pimp described above, awkwardly turn around as he bounces face first against the glasses and slowly wander towards his teammates. Looks SO bad. Totally kills submersion for me.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:51 AM   #11
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

A sizzle trailer by any other name is a sizzle trailer. Tie ups looking good, as they should in a sizzle trailer. Excited to have those back in the game though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2016, 01:02 AM   #12
Rookie

giantsharks's Arena

OVR: 3

Seeing the 3 man celebration pretty much guarantees that its only gonna be 3 man, not 5 man which is unfortunate. The rest seems pretty tough to gather anything from
Golden State Warriors
Old 06-23-2016, 01:05 AM   #13
Rookie

There is so much fundamentally wrong with this game and the majority of this site is concerned with group celebrations and roster sharing.

To each their own because those things would be great, but this video game hasn't played like hockey in a long time and if they don't address some of this series' most fatal flaws on the ice then there might not be a hockey game for much longer. The people I know that are diehard hockey fans and players no longer wish to buy this game and the AI has been so awful that I can't fathom trying to play it alone.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:25 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

EA Sports has just released their NHL 17 gameplay trailer. Check it out and post your thoughts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue
There is so much fundamentally wrong with this game and the majority of this site is concerned with group celebrations and roster sharing.

To each their own because those things would be great, but this video game hasn't played like hockey in a long time and if they don't address some of this series' most fatal flaws on the ice then there might not be a hockey game for much longer. The people I know that are diehard hockey fans and players no longer wish to buy this game and the AI has been so awful that I can't fathom trying to play it alone.
You're not wrong, but part of the reason people want roster sharing is because the community DRASTICALLY changes the rating scale, re-rates virtually every player in the game and, by extension, does a pretty good job of forcing the game to play more like real hockey with much greater player separation as well. In essence, if EA won't fix it, at least giving us roster sharing would allow us to TRY to adjust it to make it a little better. When you go through and create differences of speed and agility of 35-40 attribute points between the slowest and fastest NHLers, instead of ~10, and you do the same for accuracy, puck control, agility, etc. you end up with a totally different game.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:37 AM   #15
Rookie

giantsharks's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue

Well this is a thread about the trailer and seeing how you cant get much from the trailer regarding gameplay, its fine that people are talking about the 5 man celebrations. You really cant take away much more from the trailer
Golden State Warriors
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2016, 01:44 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsharks
Well this is a thread about the trailer and seeing how you cant get much from the trailer regarding gameplay, its fine that people are talking about the 5 man celebrations. You really cant take away much more from the trailer
Of course not, but I was referencing all of the threads on this forum and how the majority of them lead down the same path of 5 man cellys and roster sharing.

And I don't mean to make it sound like those aren't important or aren't issues that should be addressed, I just read the other sports games forums at this site and most of the threads are breaking down proper 3-4 defense or iso motion, the hit and run, etc. And then there is a small faction of people discussing uniforms and presentation and roster ratings etc. In here is like totally flipped.

Like you said, can't tell much of anything from a trailer that shows the game from angles that nobody will be playing from, but just a casual observation about things being discussed which was peculiar to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »