Home

Madden NFL 17 Video - Gameplay, Commentary, Fake FG Trick Play (GoodGameBro)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Video - Gameplay, Commentary, Fake FG Trick Play (GoodGameBro) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2016, 06:21 PM   #17
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Madden NFL 17 Video - Gameplay, Commentary, Fake FG Trick Play (GoodGameBro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
That might have been because the CPU used "Chew Clock" to run the time down before kicking the FG (which the user can do too, btw). This has been present since the Chew Clock thing started a few years ago. I doubt the accel clock is going to behave differently in the last two minutes.

Completely forgot about that possibility. You're right, that's exactly what it is. That's unfortunate. It's rare but it is beyond annoying to tackle the CPU in bounds with like two seconds left just to have them blink into FG formation and hit a last second FG like that.

Last edited by DeuceDouglas; 06-24-2016 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:36 PM   #18
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

OVR: 0
I thought they fixed the passing game. Lynch was super accurate and the DBs let theveryone WR catch the ball without much of a fight.

I don't mean to be super negative but that looks like the Madden of old still.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:38 PM   #19
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video - Gameplay, Commentary, Fake FG Trick Play (GoodGameBro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
I thought they fixed the passing game. Lynch was super accurate and the DBs let theveryone WR catch the ball without much of a fight.

I don't mean to be super negative but that looks like the Madden of old still.
Not saying this isn't an issue, but the ratings were randomized at EA Play. So that might play a part in that.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:48 PM   #20
Rookie

whoisdo's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video - Gameplay, Commentary, Fake FG Trick Play (GoodGameBro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Not saying this isn't an issue, but the ratings were randomized at EA Play. So that might play a part in that.
Yup, you're correct. Randomized ratings on this build of the game, so I wouldn't read too much into which players are catching balls over defenders.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:50 PM   #21

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Great video but there were some commentary gaps. When Anderson took that screen pass and was running free nothing was said until the end of the play.

Not a big deal by any means but there is still room to grow with the commentary for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2016, 06:52 PM   #22
Rookie

whoisdo's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Great video but there were some commentary gaps. When Anderson took that screen pass and was running free nothing was said until the end of the play.

Not a big deal by any means but there is still room to grow with the commentary for sure.
Definitely agreed. Devs stated at EA Play that they only had about 40% of the commentary in the game, so I'm hoping the remaining 60% will help fill in gaps like that one.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:57 PM   #23
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

OVR: 0
The game looks like in runs at a Normal speed. Doesnt seem as fast and jittery. Thats a good thing
Old 06-24-2016, 08:12 PM   #24
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

this other guy posted it first, why didn't he get the official OS thread? http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ick-plays.html

anyway, really loved the video. the suction tackle on crabtree was tough to watch though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »