Home

NBA Draft Winners and Losers...

This is a discussion on NBA Draft Winners and Losers... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2016, 09:55 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Draft Winners and Losers...

There's also evidence that he's most likely at least 23.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:19 AM   #18
Banned

iloveosalot's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsoGood
Thon doesn't need to become a superstar he just needs to be a solid contributor who doesn't mess things up for anyone else. That's just my opinion.

No one expected Martell Webster, Desagna Diop, and Robert Swift to have "Face of the Franchise" type of talent. Those guys were noted as having a (possible) high ceilings like Thon. I think what kills Thon is the KD comparisons, he is not that guy in the NBA but I think he can turn into a solid contributor. He just needs to be able to impact the game, he doesn't have to be Superstar to have a successful career. I'd Argue that he does not even have to become an All-Star to be successful.
LOL!

Kwame Brown was supposed to be the next shaq when he was drafted, bro. Come on now.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:26 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm sorry Philly is a loser. They screwed up their pick. Ingram was the best player in this draft. Also they now have 5, seriously 5, guys that should be starting in the league. Embiid, Okafor, Simmons, Saric and Noel. And guess what they all have in common they are big men. Is Brett Brown going to go with 5 bigs on the court at one time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2016, 01:48 AM   #20
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzCeltics
What about Kwame Brown?
What about Robert Swift?
What about Johnathan Bender?
What about Darius Miles?
What about Desagana Diop?
What about Eddy Curry? (I know he was good for a few years, but once he got to the Knicks he wasn't too good)
What about Martell Webster?
I know that many high school players like the ones you mentioned, Dwight Howard, Bynum, Jermaine O'Neal, and more, but there are many busts as well out of high school, so that argument can't be made for Thon Maker.
Hindsight bias.

After Garnett and Kobe came right out of high school and started kicking butt almost immediately (especially the former), a lot of players came out in the next 5-7 years. Who knew so many would start sucking?

Take this Bill Simmons column from right after the 2002 NBA Draft, regarding the top two picks:

Quote:
Years from now, we will remember "Yao Ming over Jay Williams" the same way we remember "Bowie over Jordan," "Traylor for Nowitzki," "Carroll for McHale and Parish," "Aguirre over Thomas" and every other great draft day blunder in NBA history. I'm not just predicting it, I'm guaranteeing it.
Six months later, to the day, he wrote a follow-up. To his credit, he admits fault, which is more than I can say for some sportswriters.

Quote:
I'm an idiot. Forget about Yao's emergence as the most polished rookie big man since Brad Daugherty, or that he offers the first worthy challenge to Shaq since Hakeem was still The Dream. If you're a basketball fan, you love Yao Ming. He's a godsend, the best Chinese import since General Tso. And I thought he'd stink. I may as well have predicted that Vin Baker would be the missing piece of the puzzle in Boston or the Blazers would be a team you could be proud to bring home to Mom.
Who knew Jay Williams would decide to be an idiot with his motorcycle?
...And yes, I know what you're thinking: Who knew Yao Ming's feet would betray him?
Not that it matters--Yao's in the Hall of Fame. Jay's not.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:16 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I'm sorry Philly is a loser. They screwed up their pick. Ingram was the best player in this draft. Also they now have 5, seriously 5, guys that should be starting in the league. Embiid, Okafor, Simmons, Saric and Noel. And guess what they all have in common they are big men. Is Brett Brown going to go with 5 bigs on the court at one time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like Ingram more as well, but you are wrong to call them a loser. That's just an opinion and Simmons is a good prospect (I'd put him in like a tier 2 type #1 prospect like John Wall, Dwight, etc).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2016, 09:58 AM   #22
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

A little off topic but I kind of want to start a franchise with the draft picks . I think the lakers and Timberwolves had good picks
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »