Home

Madden NFL 17 Podcast: Process of Building Ratings, OVR Formula & More: Part 2 of 2

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Podcast: Process of Building Ratings, OVR Formula & More: Part 2 of 2 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2016, 08:12 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Madden NFL 17 Podcast: Process of Building Ratings, OVR Formula & More: Part 2 of 2

MBL Network has posted their Madden NFL 17 4 Verts Podcast with Madden NFL 17 developer, Dustin Smith.

Quote:
Part 2 of our interview with Madden developer Dustin Smith. We talk about the process for building ratings for rookie as well as decreasing the ratings as stars age. We get into a discussion about the new OVR formula and it's potential effect on the game.

If you missed the first podcast on Everything You Need to Know About Equipment, click here.
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One

Last edited by Steve_OS; 07-06-2016 at 08:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2016, 10:50 AM   #2
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Re: Madden 17 Developer Interview Series

Love that below average starters will be in the low 70s or high 60s.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2016, 10:54 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13

Yes, it kind of fits in with the thread about ratings spreading out more.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:02 PM   #4
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 17 developer interview series

This ratings piece was a nice coup interview wise. This information hasn't really been discussed anywhere else. It's like they're letting the ratings be puffed up in MUT, or DC, while tuning the "real" ratings for CFM now.

It seems like we're all going to have make a mental adjustment to thinking of mid 70's players as solid starts, as opposed to those guys being our back ups. Also, not thinking of rookies that come in as 65's as being busts.

This is like a pretty big change that they're keeping on the DL.

Ideologically I agree with Kane's thinking on creating and adjusting ratings, people on the opposite ends of the spectrum, the ones who are too enamored with big plays, as well as those who are hard core into analytics, may hate how he approaches things, but I'm down with his methodology.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:10 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
This ratings piece was a nice coup interview wise. This information hasn't really been discussed anywhere else. It's like they're letting the ratings be puffed up in MUT, or DC, while tuning the "real" ratings for CFM now.

It seems like we're all going to have make a mental adjustment to thinking of mid 70's players as solid starts, as opposed to those guys being our back ups. Also, not thinking of rookies that come in as 65's as being busts.

Ideologically I agree with Kane's thinking on creating and adjusting ratings, people on the opposite ends of the spectrum, the ones who are too enamored with big plays, as well as those who are hard core into analytics, may hate how he approaches things, but I'm down with his methodology.
Yea it was interesting when we got talking. I had heard some rumors out of EA Play that they were redoing overalls, but when he started discussing it a bit I was intrigued.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2016, 01:39 PM   #6
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13

Now this is going in the right direction
Old 07-06-2016, 01:42 PM   #7
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo

It's one of them things that will improve gameplay , but I think they know the casuals will react diffrent and not be open minded .So keep it on the DL and wait till it drops let ppl try it out first .

Last edited by Allball76; 07-06-2016 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:59 PM   #8
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allball76
It's one of them things that will improve gameplay , but I think they know the casuals will react diffrent and not be open minded .So keep it on the DL and wait till it drops let ppl try it out firsts .
Yep, I feel like this was a very shrewdly calculated move, and one that should work out, because the mindset of most CFM players is different than that of the folks who primarily play those other modes, IMO.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »