Home

Madden NFL 17 Podcast: Process of Building Ratings, OVR Formula & More: Part 2 of 2

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Podcast: Process of Building Ratings, OVR Formula & More: Part 2 of 2 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2016, 08:39 PM   #17
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 17 developer interview series

Good interview. I'm glad they have worked on the OVR rating.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:37 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 17 Podcast: Process of Building Ratings, OVR Formula & More: Part 2 of

In many ways, I wish they would just do the ratings in the intervals/tiers they've programmed that the player will animate/play differently during gameplay.

If it takes a 15pt difference before we will see a WR route run less sharper than another, then set the editing intervals at that.

All these in-between numbers that show no visual difference during gameplay, is a waste of time if said player will still play the same (AI wise) even after a couple pts have increased/decreased.

With whatever they're doing/going to do, there has to be a greater visual "gameplay" display of player differentiation in M17.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:08 PM   #19
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 17 Podcast: Process of Building Ratings, OVR Formula & More: Part 2 of

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
In many ways, I wish they would just do the ratings in the intervals/tiers they've programmed that the player will animate/play differently during gameplay.

If it takes a 15pt difference before we will see a WR route run less sharper than another, then set the editing intervals at that.

All these in-between numbers that show no visual difference during gameplay, is a waste of time if said player will still play the same (AI wise) even after a couple pts have increased/decreased.

With whatever they're doing/going to do, there has to be a greater visual "gameplay" display of player differentiation in M17.
Baby steps. They only have so much time per cycle. This is going in the right direction it seems.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:31 PM   #20
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden 17 Developer Interview Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Love that below average starters will be in the low 70s or high 60s.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
I personally hate it. Hopefully one day they will use a true 0-100 scale and below average starters will be in the 30s (like how Front Office Football does their ratings). This is a start though, so I am happy for that.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:32 PM   #21
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib

This is exactly why I'm in favor of hiding true ratings and giving up letter ratings. So an 85 and 80 spec catch receiver would both have B spec catch ratings but the 85 would be more successful more often than the 80
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2016, 10:41 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
This is exactly why I'm in favor of hiding true ratings and giving up letter ratings. So an 85 and 80 spec catch receiver would both have B spec catch ratings but the 85 would be more successful more often than the 80
I would love to see that, it would force me to experiment more with my starting lineup if I have two guys with similar ratings and my starter is playing poorly. I'm most likely never going to yank a guy with ratings in the high 70s in favor of a guy in the low seventies, but substituting letter grades forces you to figure out who is better on the field instead of just looking at numbers
Old 07-06-2016, 11:09 PM   #23
Rookie

Re: Madden 17 Developer Interview Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
Agreed. Greater disparity is better
This could be Good unless sim doesn't account for lower minute quarters(That would be disastrous.Players ratings would be dropping left and right
Old 07-06-2016, 11:16 PM   #24
Rookie

When do ratings drop

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »