Home

How Set Pieces Have Changed in FIFA 17 (Trailer & Interview)

This is a discussion on How Set Pieces Have Changed in FIFA 17 (Trailer & Interview) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2016, 06:13 AM   #9
Rookie

flo182's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How Set Pieces Have Changed in FIFA 17 (Trailer & Interview)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Something concerns me about the way the ball looks in these videos. It "feels" too floatyand too assisted. I don't have a sense of freedom with it. There's a significant difference in the mo-cap clips vs the translation into the in-game. I think the initial velocity of the strikes have got to be more pronounced. Whether the ball swerves afterwards or not, it can't be done without some initial velocity from the force of the kick. At the moment, it looks more liked a balloon deflating out of orbit, than proper football flight. Just my thoughts.
Totally agree with you. Something feels weird the moment they hit the ball.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:26 AM   #10
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: How Set Pieces Have Changed in FIFA 17 (Trailer & Interview)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Something concerns me about the way the ball looks in these videos. It "feels" too floatyand too assisted. I don't have a sense of freedom with it. There's a significant difference in the mo-cap clips vs the translation into the in-game. I think the initial velocity of the strikes have got to be more pronounced. Whether the ball swerves afterwards or not, it can't be done without some initial velocity from the force of the kick. At the moment, it looks more liked a balloon deflating out of orbit, than proper football flight. Just my thoughts.
First off, the good. The video looks absolutely incredible, miles better than 16. Now about the ball flight. For me it all looks too "artificial" if that makes any sense. I'm hoping the artificiality of it all is a byproduct of assisted controls being the default setting, and that the ball's flight will look more natural with manual controls enabled. Time of course will tell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »