Home

How Would You Rebuild the OKC Thunder?

This is a discussion on How Would You Rebuild the OKC Thunder? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2016, 02:33 AM   #9
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by asu666
Move them back to Seattle, so free agents want to sign with them.
They arent moving back to seattle man. Time to let that one go.

As far rebuild goes you need to see what you have in oladipo and payne. Try to move westbrook for picks and young talent. Boston maybe? Im not sure how many picks they have left but im pretty sure they still have a 1st round from brooklyn. You will never get full value back for westbrook but i think boston can offer them something close. Good news is the thunder have done very well drafting. Their rebuild could be shorter than others
Old 07-12-2016, 04:08 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: How Would You Rebuild the OKC Thunder?

Trade him to the Celtics... add Kanter and ask them for Avery Bradley, Brooklyn's 2017, LAC's 2019 and Memphis' 2019 first-rounders. Maybe look at the rights to one of their handful of first-round stashes from this draft.

Boston has to roll the dice on a trade like this sometime... RWB is exactly the kind of guy they should be willing to do it for. If they do this deal they're definitely the 2nd best team in the East.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:40 AM   #11
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Im not sure you'll get a lot for Westbrook. He's so ball dominant. And he's been injured before you have to wonder how long his prime will be.

I can't see any contenders giving up players for him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2016, 06:29 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4
I would move Westbrook asap before his frustrations with the team overshadow his talents.

If LA is truly a preferred destination, i'd try for trades at both clubs. The Lakers have the youth to go along with OKC's and the Clippers have two pieces that could keep OKC in the playoff race, along with the players they already have.

Or, OKC could really throw a spanner in the works and do a deal with Cleveland for Uncle Drew??? Who wouldn't want the chance to see Westbrook vs Durant in the Finals.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:28 AM   #13
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

There's really nothing to "rebuild." They still have a great team and a monster of a superstar in Westbrook. Well, for THIS year, at least.
#Lakers
#WeAreND
Old 07-12-2016, 09:51 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
There's really nothing to "rebuild." They still have a great team and a monster of a superstar in Westbrook. Well, for THIS year, at least.
#Lakers
They really don't have a great team without Durant. They have some solid pieces, but they would need Oladipo to take a McCollum type leap to be more than a 7 or 8 seed.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:53 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4
I'm not doing anything until the trade deadline. This team is still a championship contender and if not they're only one piece away. Kanter and Adams will have better years now that ibaka's gone, oladipo is capable of a triple double every night and if Westbrook has the MVP caliber season we all know he's capable of they'll be contenders for sure. If iverson could do it with the 01 sixers Westbrook definitely can. They should trade him at the deadline if they aren't top 5 in the west.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2016, 02:46 PM   #16
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha like being in Seattle with no superstars is going to help them land free agents.
Better than being in OKC with no superstars.

Have you been to Oklahoma City? It's cool if you like to drink downtown, but other than that it's one of the most boring cities I've ever been to. And I'm from Kansas, one of the most boring states. I can only imagine how awful OKC is for NBA players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »